highlighted text summary

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

talkingtoaj
User

highlighted text summary

Post by talkingtoaj »

From what I've been able to tell, there is no way of collecting a summary of all text highlighted in a document. I can obtain a summary of comments, but that only gives me the text I enter as comments, not the text that was highlighted.

Collecting a summary of highlighted text would be an amazing feature, and i figure i must be missing something as surely it is already a feature which i have just failed to find. it allows me to read a PDF as an ebook, highlight significant passages, then collect the summary of text at the end as the starting point for my personal book summary of the PDF file.
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: highlighted text summary

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

There is no way to obtain higlighted text, sorry. Highlight annotation is only area on page where higlight effect should be painted, and in general it can be placed even over image-based pdf with no text at all.
As a workarround you may turn on "Copy selected text into Highlight, Cross-Out, and Underline comment pop-ups" option (see Viewer Prefernces, Commenting tab) - this will automatically and text to pop-up during annotation creation, so you will be able to see it in when do summarise.
HTH.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
talkingtoaj
User

Post by talkingtoaj »

Yes, this works perfectly. It is an entirely suitable solution. I wonder if it should be listed in the standard user manual as I think this feature would add usability of this product for many others too.

Thank you for your assistance.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Glad it is working for you talkingtoaj,

And I will now point this topic to the guys dealing with the manual so this feature can find it's place there.

Regards,
Stefan