Installation issue with PDF-XChange PRO 4

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pctuki_fg
User

Installation issue with PDF-XChange PRO 4

Post by pctuki_fg »

I have trouble getting the unattended installation working properly. The help files have separate switches for the PDF-XChange tools and viewer. So I tried to combine them to get the PRO installation package working.

Here is the command I got most success:

Code: Select all

pdfx4.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /COMPONENTS="pdfSaver,PDFXChangedriver,PDFTools4,Help,Languagess,pdfviewer,IEAddin,FFAddin" /PDFV /PDFVINBROWSER /DIR="C:\Program Files\PDF-XChange 4 Pro\" /Key:"xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" /LANG=fi
Only thing that with this went wrong was that Tools were in finnish language as supposed to, but Viewer was in english still. How can I get the unattended installation working with switches like this:

So I want everything else installed, except the addin for MS Office, Office2PDF, IE Plugin and addin for Mozilla. Also I want all components to be in finnish language and my registeration key should be inserted to all too.

When I installed the whole thing manually it worked perfectly, so the unattended is just the troubling bit. Not fancying to install this ~250 times manually.

- Ville Toivanen // PCTUKI // Fingrid Oyj
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Installation issue with PDF-XChange PRO 4

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Ville,

will ask our Installer project manager to take a look and come back ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi pctuki_fg,

you need to explicitly mention some of the Viewer components, specifically PDFVLanguages. Try the following :

/COMPONENTS="pdfSaver,PDFXChangedriver,PDFTools4,Help,Languagess,pdfviewer,PDFVLanguagess,PDFVHelp,IEAddin,LiveUpdate,ShellExtensions"
When you launch the installer you can use the /help switch to get a listing of all these components.

Let us know how that goes for you.

:-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
pctuki_fg
User

Post by pctuki_fg »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi pctuki_fg,

you need to explicitly mention some of the Viewer components, specifically PDFVLanguages. Try the following :

/COMPONENTS="pdfSaver,PDFXChangedriver,PDFTools4,Help,Languagess,pdfviewer,PDFVLanguagess,PDFVHelp,IEAddin,LiveUpdate,ShellExtensions"
When you launch the installer you can use the /help switch to get a listing of all these components.

Let us know how that goes for you.

:-)

Thank you, worked perfectly now! Altho didnt get anything with /help switch. It just started the normal installation. But I got my unattended install string working and starting to distribute the program now.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

Can you confrim that you did not get either Help file - or just one, if so which one ?

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
pctuki_fg
User

Post by pctuki_fg »

John - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi,

Can you confrim that you did not get either Help file - or just one, if so which one ?

Thanks
Ah its working allright. I just got confused as it asked the language as in the real installation start so didnt press ok on that at first. Now tried again and got the help allright. So its ok.

I got another problem tho. What components need to be installed in order to get the Outlook 2007 previewer working with PDF-XChange. As its not working atm, so do I need to install the 'Addin for MS Office' to ge it working?

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

What components need to be installed in order to get the Outlook 2007 previewer working with PDF-XChange. As its not working atm, so do I need to install the 'Addin for MS Office' to ge it working?
You do :)

Best regards
Tracker Support
pctuki_fg
User

Post by pctuki_fg »

Hey,

The pdf previewer in Outlook 2007 is working fine on most computers, but at least one computer (even after reinstalling PDF-XChange) refuses to cooperate.

This is the error I am getting:

We are running Windows XP 32bit with Microsoft Outlook 2007 and PDF-XChange 4 Pro.

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi pctuki_fg,

That's rather strange that it's not working just on a particular machine.
Is there anything different on this one in terms of both software and hardware configuration?

Regards,
Stefan
pctuki_fg
User

Post by pctuki_fg »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hi pctuki_fg,

That's rather strange that it's not working just on a particular machine.
Is there anything different on this one in terms of both software and hardware configuration?

Regards,
Stefan
Not in terms of core software (operating system & office). We have many of those same computer models, but no sure if any of them has it installed yet.

There was Adobe Professional before and the previewer worked for sometime, but probably around updating from IE7 -> IE8 the previewer stopped working. So I tried to install PDF-XChange there, but it didnt help (I first removed the adobe and rebooted)...

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Can you please try to uninstall ours as well, reboot, then install it again and reboot a second time - with outlook turned off - just to rule out incorrect association of the needed components.

Best,
Stefan
pctuki_fg
User

Post by pctuki_fg »

Well, don't know what happened, but 3rd time I reinstalled the software the preview started working :)

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

It's Windows :) - go figure.

Seriously though! Glad that it's working for you finally, and in case of any other problems you know where to find us!

Kind Regards,
Stefan