Copy & Paste and unHighlight

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RegR
User

Copy & Paste and unHighlight

Post by RegR »

Can someone tell me how to copy and paste text? When I click on the select tool and drag it over the text I want to copy it turns blue. I click on CtrlC and then CntrV and nothing happens.

I 've highlighted some text and don't know how to unhighlight it. Can someone please help with this?

I've tried it on all kinds of docs that I can copy & paste using Adobe Reader but can't seem to get it to work using this.

I have gone through the help doc but couldn't find any solutions there.

Thxx....
Katya - Tracker Supp
User

Re: Copy & Paste and unHighlight

Post by Katya - Tracker Supp »

Hi, RegR
Can someone tell me how to copy and paste text? When I click on the select tool and drag it over the text I want to copy it turns blue. I click on CtrlC and then CntrV and nothing happens.
May be your PDF document has a special PDF security option, which doesn't allow you to copy the text (in this case the application's caption should contain the "(SECURED)" tag, if not - please send us this document for investigating).
I 've highlighted some text and don't know how to unhighlight it. Can someone please help with this?
Click on the highlighted text and press ''delete'' button as many time as you need in order to see unhighlighted text.

HTH
RegR
User

Post by RegR »

HTH

Greetings

Firstly, thanks for your response. The tip on unlighting worked.

I've checked the properties of the docs I was wanting to copy and paste from and all of them indicate that copying is allowed. I've sent one of the docs to the email address I received informing me of your response.If you'd like me to send it elsewhere, just tell me where..

My hard drive crashed and before it did I was able to copy & paste using the select tool. I reinstalled PDF-Xchange-Viewer and now it doesn't work as before.

Your help is appreciated
Katya - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Katya - Tracker Supp »

Hi, RegR

We've got your document and tried to use "copy/paste" function while "Select Tool" is active.
Everything seems to be OK.

Please, give us exact instruction step by step - how to reproduce this problem.

Thanks.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

We have reproduced some issues with the Select Tool and Copy/Paste - specifically no paste being available because the context menu after copying is gone etc - these will be corrected in the next build which will be available in approx 7-10 days.

However - the CTRL 'C" and 'V' Keyboard shorcuts both work and allow you to copy/paste when necessary.

Thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com