How to change "menu bar" font?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ZoNi
User

Post by ZoNi »

When I change fonts in my WinXP, all programs change fonts in their MENU BARS (File, Edit, View..., Help), only PDF-XChange Viewer shows smaller fonts (look like those fonts can not be changed).

Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: How to change "menu bar" font?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have run into this problem with other applications too. PDF-XChange is not the worst, but the fonts are too small for me.

Apparently Windows Vista or Win 7 users do not have the same problem.

I believe that it depends on the development tools used to create the software, and may not be easy to fix.

Edit: The developer of the other application found a fix. The problem arose after migrating his software to Delphi 2010 due to a bug in an old component. This can be a deal-breaker for short-sighted users. The menus are vital for using a program, and they should respect the Windows system font settings. I can manage with PDF-XChange because I don't need to use the menus much, and the font is just about legible. Mostly I just read the document text at fit to width > 100% In other apps one may need to use the menus very frequently.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
ZoNi
User

Post by ZoNi »

I hope it can be changed ;)

Please, authors, do so! :D
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, ZoNi.

The "Customize UI-Fonts" feature will be added in the new version V3.

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
ZoNi
User

Post by ZoNi »

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team wrote:The "Customize UI-Fonts" feature will be added in the new version V3
That is great news! :)

But why don't you just use Windows settings for GUI? Isn't that easier to make?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hey ZoNi,

At the time of the initial design of version two of our Viewer the things were different and it was created in a slightly different way.
Now the things are quite changed for ver3 and it will be much more customizable both from inside the Viewer and taking into account the changes to the UI you have made in Windows. Both techniques are needed as we need more than what the Windows GUI changes can offer :)

Best,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Please try the latest build of the viewer (build 2.0.50) - it uses the default system font for the menu, and most of the text etc ...
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
ZoNi
User

Post by ZoNi »

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote:Please try the latest build of the viewer (build 2.0.50) - it uses the default system font for the menu, and most of the text etc ...
I am not sure about that:

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, ZoNi.

This issue will be fixed in the new build (upcoming). Thanks.

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.