Full screen mode toolbars and continuous scrolling?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hsrstud
User

Full screen mode toolbars and continuous scrolling?

Post by hsrstud »

Is it possible to keep toolbars in full screen mode? I know this might seem counter intuitive, but the only reason I use full screen mode is to remove the upper portion of the window, however; I still want to use my toolbar. I just want the toolbar to be moved up to the space that was previously occupied by the header portion of the window in the normal viewing mode. Removing the window header makes a significant difference in screen "real estate" for me, since I often read PDFs using a netbook.

Also, is it possible to set continuous scrolling in full screen mode?
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: Full screen mode toolbars and continuous scrolling?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Right-click on a toolbar to open the customise dialogue. Right-click on the view toolbars submenu to customise the shortcuts for showing/hiding any particular toolbar. The shortcuts will work in fullscreen mode. Add a toolbar icon to switch view modes.

Customising Toolbars and Menus
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
hsrstud
User

Post by hsrstud »

Works great, thanks!
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Bhikkhu, :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
hsrstud
User

Post by hsrstud »

I have one follow-up question. Is there anyway to change the default setting for full screen mode to use continuous scrolling as can be done for the normal viewing mode in Preferences > Page Display? I realize I can change this setting manually by using a toolbar button in full screen mode now, but I guess I'm lazy and it would be nice to have this setting carried over from the normal viewing mode.
hsrstud
User

Post by hsrstud »

Actually, I have two more follow-up questions. Is it possible to open PDFs directly into full screen mode and to close completely out of the PDF-XChanger viewer within full screen mode? Currently, to exit PDF-Xchange, I'm hitting the Esc key and then closing the PDF-XChange viewer window.

Thanks again!
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi hsrstud,
First I'll address the continuous view question. An improvement you can create would be to add a hot-key combo for continuous view that you can invoke during full screen.

1) Right Click the toolbar and choose customize
2) Click the Commands Tab, and click View under categories
3)Scroll down until you see "Continuous" and double click it
4) Set the key combo you want in shortcut, Keys
5)Click OK

Then you can F12 to goto Fullscreen and "Your-choice" to invoke Continuous View

Hope that helps, I'll look into your next question

Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com