help with viewer in electronic medical record viewer

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gcarcamo
User

help with viewer in electronic medical record viewer

Post by gcarcamo »

I use an electronic medical record (EMR) called amazing charts (amazingcharts.com) which allows you to see pdf files in an imbedded viewer. Currently I use the acrobat reader, but I know you can use pdf viewer instead, with all the features associated with it. I have installed uninstalled adobe acrobat reader from the computer and installed the latest pdf xchange viewer pro and shell extensions. Unfortunately, instead of the page opening in the window within the program I get an window that says "do you want to open this documents?" when I click yes, the program loads in the normal pdf xchange viewer. Is there a way to solve this? I have turned off the computer and turned it on again, that is the extent of my knowledge. Any advise would be appreciated. BTW, I know the pdf exchange viewer works within the EMR program because another computer in my office has it and works perfectly! And yes, I am the IT person /boss ;(, so getting the IT to help me is no help at all. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by gcarcamo on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigMike
User

Re: help with viewer in electronic medical record viewed

Post by BigMike »

I guess, the browser plugin is used to display PDFs in your application. It sounds, like something went wrong, when registering PDF-XChange for PDF files.
Maybe the following helps:
Open PDF-XChange Viewer, go to Edit -> Preferences, choose File Associations, make sure that "Display PDF in Browser" is checked - if it's already checked, uncheck, click Apply, check and apply again.
This should register the browser plugin. You may also click on "Make Default PDF Viewer", if you like to open PDF documents with the viewer by double click.

Regards, Michael
gcarcamo
User

Post by gcarcamo »

Well. It works. This is what I did, for anyone else trying to make this work in AC (amazing charts). I know there are a few hundred of us out there. I will make sure to post in their forum as well and point to this post. I deleted AC, deleted acrobat reader, set up pdf-xchange as BigMike suggested (Thanks!), reinstalled AC, restarted computer. Now when I click on a pdf file it opens within a window in AC and I can make changes on the PDF file! Amazing indeed. PDF xchange reader is awesome. I highly recommend it. Thanks for your help.
gcarcamo
User

Post by gcarcamo »

Well, it turns out you don't even need to delete AC or acrobat reader. Just make sure pdf -Xchange is the default viewer and click on the "display PDF in Browser" option. Wow. Sorry guys but this is so awesome I am dancing as we speak. You don't know how much easier this makes our lives!
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Glad to hear, I was thinking that could be the only thing as I downloaded and installed AC to verify if it even contained any PDF-Viewing settings, And determined as you have found out that it is incorporated as a browser by the default PDF file associations and having the display in browser on. Glad it was that easy.

Good Work!! :D

Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Nice, that it's working now :)
gcarcamo wrote:I will make sure to post in their forum as well and point to this post.
I don't know, what you've posted in the other forum - but since it's required to be registered, even to view posts here, it would be easier if your post in the other forum would already contain the solution.
As you obviously know, there's no problem in registering here, it takes just a view minutes - and I'm sure every new member is welcome.
But having to register, just to get this one solution isn't really needed - just an additional user name and password you have to remember... And I personally don't like posts just containing "Look <link here> for the solution" ;)
But thank you for referring to us in a small note after the solution ;)

Kind regards, Michael