File | Close, then Close again

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mcswell
User

File | Close, then Close again

Post by mcswell »

Using the keyboard, I consistently have to close a file (using the File | Close menu item) twice before PDF-X will close a file. That is, <Alt>-F C, then <Alt>-F C again. Clicking with the mouse on either the File | Close menu item or the red 'X' button closes it the first time.

I can't believe I'm the only person who uses the keyboard in preference to the mouse, but I didn't see any other mention of this problem. (But the "Search" function on this forum didn't work for me either, so maybe this has been reported and I just didn't see it.)

I just did this with the most recent download, 2.0 build 42.4.
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: File | Close, then Close again

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It seems to work sometimes, not always. Something is not quite right with the menus — that has already been reported (and fixed in the next build).

Try Ctrl W instead.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mcswell,

As Bhikkhu suggested try Ctrl + W - just one key combination instead of two - this is more convenient for me :)

As for the problem with "Ctrl + F" then "C" it seems to be solved in the test build I have as it is related to the topic above, but will run some more tests to make sure it is indeed fixed.

Regards,
Stefan
mcswell
User

Post by mcswell »

FWIW, this problem is still present in build 44: <Alt>-F C does nothing the first time it's typed; you have to type it twice to close a file.

I do believe that this is only true if I press *and* release the <Alt> key before typing the F. If instead I press and hold the <Alt> key while typing the F (and then release the <Alt> and F keys and type the C key), the file gets closed the first time. That's odd, because the File menu opens the same either way.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Confirmed. Bug is reproduced when Alt is release before F is pressed.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.