File attachment behaviour

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mattes57
User

File attachment behaviour

Post by Mattes57 »

In Acrobat Reader, a single click on an attached file opens the info/comment window about that file. A double click will open the attached file.

In PDFXChange Viewer, a double click just opens the info/comment window (and marks the pdf as changed (filename*)). To open the attached file, it is necessary to use the context menu, or use the attachements pane.

I think the Acrobat behaviour is more user friendly, and I'd like to have the same behaviour in PDFXChange Viewer.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: File attachment behaviour

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

..a single click on an attached file opens the info/comment window about that file
We cannot reproduce this behavior for Acrobat Reader :wink:
..double click will open the attached file
We change viewer's behavior to this..

Thanks.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
Mattes57
User

Post by Mattes57 »

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team wrote:
..a single click on an attached file opens the info/comment window about that file
We cannot reproduce this behavior for Acrobat Reader :wink:
Acrobat Reader 9.1.2 see Attachment
..double click will open the attached file
We change viewer's behavior to this..

Thanks.
Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Mattes57,

I can confirm that in the test build I have double clicking now opens the attached file, but single click has the same effect as before - just selects the object.

I was able to reproduce the "Single Click opens popup" in adobe 8.1.6 on XP SP3 32bit.

Cheers,
Stefan
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

"Single Click opens popup" behavior for attachments will be available in the next build.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.