Digitally Signing

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Digitally Signing

Post by Arnold »

I tried this for the very first time. I went through all of the steps, creating a certificate, etc. The signature was placed in the document, but if you mouse over it, it is invalid. Also, if I close the file and reopen it, the signature is still there, but it is invisible. The comment about it being invalid still comes up if you mouse over it. It does show up in print preview though.

If I bring the same pdf document into Acrobat 6, it will create a valid digital signature using the same certificate I created with PDFX from above. Seems to be no problem in Acrobat 6 showing the signature if the document is closed and re-opened. If I then bring this document into PDFX, the valid signature is there, but it is again invisible.

Is there something I am not doing correctly. I looked in preferences and the help manual with no luck. Thank you.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Digitally Signing

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Hi, can you send me this PDF? (attach it here (zip it before), or send me to Ivan@tracker-software.com)
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.