Combining Forms

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Combining Forms

Post by Arnold »

I downloaded 2 files with form fields for filling out tax returns. They both work perfectly unless they are combined. If I insert the pages from 1 file into the other the fields disappear in the inserted pages. The fields remain in the pages of the file theses new pages are inserted into. Is this by design?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Combining Forms

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Yes, for now viewer ignores form fields during insert/extract pages.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
ugradedeveloper
User

Post by ugradedeveloper »

Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi Arnold,

As the quoted topic suggested by upgradedeveloper this is something that is being worked on as a in the 'near' future functionality, but priority as always dictates where the dev team spends their time, they are very busy as we speak but this is on the table to added as soon as they can get to it. Your patience is appreciated.

Regards,
Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Great. I think it would be a good feature in the software
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Absolutely, and as always we appreciate your and all our user's input to make the software better all the time.

Cheers,
Chris :wink:
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
ugradedeveloper
User

Now that you guys have gone through a period of stabilizing the product and doing several bug-fix updates, I would imagine you are moving on to more feature development. Any likelihood that this issue with inserting forms is going to be addressed soon? Please consider this my 'vote' for doing this feature sooner rather than later.

Thanks as always for the great software and for being so responsive to customers' requests.

Lewis
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hey Lewis,

Your vote is taken, but this being quite a big task on itself is planned for ver3 of the Viewer so will not be implemented in the immediate future but somewhere in the next year.

Regards,
Stefan
ugradedeveloper
User

Thanks for the information. Is there a document somewhere that outlines what changes will be included in version 3? Since I am using the SDK product I will need to "sell" this upgrade to my supervisors.

Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Not for the moment Lewis,

We will announce it when we have such an outline available.

Best,
Stefan
ugradedeveloper
User

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:this being quite a big task on itself is planned for ver3 of the Viewer
Is there any decision about whether this feature will be part of the initial release of version 3.0?

Thanks
Lewis
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi ugradedeveloper

we are still in the process of defining exactly what will and will not be included in the V3. Regarding combining forms I can tell you that we intend supporting this in the initial V3 release with the caveat that if the form includes Java Script there could be problems. We would expect to work on that in later releases.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America