A Few Minor Details

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fpilhofer@mc.com
User

A Few Minor Details

Post by fpilhofer@mc.com »

I have just discovered the free PDF-XChange Viewer in my search for an Adobe Reader alternative. So far, the user experience has been positive overall, and I'm impressed with some of the advanced features. Just wanted to let you know about a few nagging details that I found odd.
  • There is no keyboard shortcut to exit.
  • I like the option to customize toolbars. Took me a while to find, though, it's not in the usual suspects like Edit->Preferences or in View->Toolbars. Of course this only slows you down once.
  • Some toolbars are more special than others. E.g., it's not possible to drag the "Pages Navigation" toolbar next to the other toolbars.
  • In the same vein, some buttons (like the one from the Pages Navigation toolbar) are not available to be added to the other toolbars. In particular, I'd like the "page [nn] of [mm]" button in one of the toolbars at the top.
Thank you,
Frank
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: A Few Minor Details

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the input, we do take .
It's always a pleasure to see a new member of the PDF-XChange family - so to speak! :-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

fpilhofer@mc.com wrote:There is no keyboard shortcut to exit.
Alter F4, exits the application. Control F4 closes the document.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Just to add a few shortcuts,

Ctrl + W also closes the current document and Ctrl + Tab navigates through all open documents in the Viewer.