Printing very slow with Canon MF4150

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Couperin
User

Printing very slow with Canon MF4150

Post by Couperin »

I like everything about PDF-XChange Viewer, using latest version (2 - 41.5) and have never had any issues under XP SP3. I've now added a new printer, a Canon ImageClass MF4150. XChange Viewer has always performed normally with my other laser printers: Epson 1500, Lexmark S1255 and Dell 3100. Normal setup using Windows spooler. With the Canon MF4150, any size file, it prints one page, engine turns off, pauses 3 seconds, prints one page, pauses 3 seconds, etc. Every other program prints normally (Word 2007, Adobe Reader 9.1.0, etc.). In short, the printer prints normally with every other program, and your program prints normally with every other printer, but this particular combination prints one - page - at - a - time, very slowly. All settings on your software, the windows print spooler and the Canon print driver are set at 'normal' settings for printing standard text output. Any clue what's going on here ?? The Canon driver, btw is UFRII LT Version 1.70.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Printing very slow with Canon MF4150

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

I assume you are printing directly from PDF-XChange Viewer? I shudder to ask - but does the Canon show similar behaviour printing PDFs from 'other' PDF viewers?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Couperin
User

Post by Couperin »

AS I said in my post, yes I'm printing "directly" from PDF-XChange (well thru the normal Windows XP spooler) and no, as I already said, EVERY other program prints normally: that Includes Adobe Reader 9.1.0, Word 2007 and Foxit Reader 3.0. The issue only exists with PDF-XChange....
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

OK - sorry - I understood that other documents print fine, missed that also PDFs print fine in other apps.

Can you please send us (zipped) a copy of one of the files in question please.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Couperin
User

Post by Couperin »

Paul I have thousands of pdf files here, it does it with ANY of them, and they all print fine with ANY other program I have here that can print a pdf.
Couperin
User

Post by Couperin »

and to answer further questions: inside the Print routine I have varied:
collate
scaling (tried none, fit to printer margins)
auto-rotate
autot-center
Document (I'm always printing just the doc)
Under Advanced Print text as curves is set to auto, but I tried varying that

Under the Canon driver properties I've varied everything reasonable including output size, type of job and dpi.

NOTHING MATTERS, as soon as I print more than one page, it does what looks like a 'reset' pause between each page.

This only happens with the combination of PDF-XChange and this Canon driver, PDF-XChange is fine with every other printer I have here, and the Canon is fine with every other program I have here... JUST this combo creates the issue....
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

We have a lot of PDFs too, but we haven't exactly the same MFU. We having Canon MF4370dn and it works very well.
So, we need any of your file which prints slowly to check which causes the problem.

Best case will be if you will send report via Help -> Report a problem and check option to send us list and settings of your printers.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Couperin
User

Post by Couperin »

Sigh.. I tried using the report form under Help, I checked off allowing it to send you all information, however when I hit "Next" it insists on running the Windows Internet Connection Wizard and trying to create a new connection. I'm already connected to the Net and have no intention of allowing a new connection to be created.. why does it insist on this ??? That's why I came here trying to get help....
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

We will certainly endeavour to get this resolved for you. I've not got a running copy of XP at hand right now but from memory I thought one could tell that wizard to use the existing connection. No?

In the meanwhile, if you post the file on this forum, even without the 'Report a Problem' piece, we can take a look at why printing is slow.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Couperin
User

Post by Couperin »

Nope, it launches into the Wizard demanding a name etc, and if you cancel it, it cancels your report routine.

Here's a sample pdf file...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Couperin,

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

Yours got removed. Please archive it and upload it again.

Regards,
Stefan
Couperin
User

Post by Couperin »

lol OK, no problem. I'm including a different file and have, experimenting with it finally narrowed the problem somewhat. The issue appears to mostly disappear if I select Scaling type: None. as opposed to Fit to printer margins (the only 2 settings I ever commonly use). Also I'm often selecting a random set of the pages in each file (Example: 1,3,7,9-11,18,26,27) and then some pages print continuously and others print with the pause...apparently;however, I can avoid most of the issue by keeping scaling at None, which I can easily live with...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Thanks for files. Will check what I can do here.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

mschmitter
User

Post by mschmitter »

I am having basically the save problem. Our printer is a SAVIN C3535 running the RPCS (64 bit) driver. This problem is a relatively recent situation and might have something to do with a recent Windows update. This "slow" printing is occuring within our entire office when using PDF-Viewer, but it does not happen with Adobe Pro. It seems that the computer is waitin for communications with the printer so it even takes longer if the print is in sleep mode. The computer should be able to send out the print quickly and then the delay is at the printer, but now the delay is actually at the computer until the printer has downloaded all the information... and this is an issue as it freezes PDF-Viewer until each print goes through.

Please let me know what solution you have for this. Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mschmitter,

You have posted in a bit older topic, so the original problem is most probably already resolved.
What I could provide as initial advise is to check that you are using the latest build of our products (195) and if not make sure to update to it:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

If you already have the latest build, please check whether your AntiVirus or Firewall software is not interfering with the printing process, and then please check whether you have not selected to "Print as image" which could have an impact on printing speed especially with higher DPI and larger documents.

Best,
Stefan