Outlook 2007 Preview Handler Needs Addtional Features

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dbink
User

Outlook 2007 Preview Handler Needs Addtional Features

Post by dbink »

Ok....finally, the most recent release incorporates the ability to preview PDF's in Outlook 2007, when running on XP operating system. This works well, but I'm hoping there will be more document-handling features added in the future, like the ability to rotate and zoom the document in the preview window. I was used to being able to rotate with Adobe's preview handler, but they didn't offer the zoom.... But with Gil Azar's Preview Handler Pack installed, it then gave you the whole 'mini-toolbar' to use within Outlook's preview pane.

Please add the ability to rotate and zoom, or else have it show the accessibility toolbar, like it does when displaying in a browser.

Thanks for all your work on this.
Delmar L Binkley
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Outlook 2007 Preview Handler Needs Addtional Features

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

We will try to add more features to the preview handler into the next builds.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
mantao
User

Post by mantao »

We have been using PDF-XChange Viewer for a while now ... having migrated from Adobe Acrobat Reader and Foxit Reader. Our current installation is PDF-XChange Viewer build 2.0.46.0 running on MS Windows XP Professional SP3, and installed using the MSI with shell extensions selected.

From the above thread, it would apprear that PDF-XChange Viewer has the ability to provide PDF preview within MS Outlook 2007, via the preview handler. However, we are receiving the error message "This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it".

Are we missing something, or is the preview handler to be installed via a separate download?
Attachments
ScreenShot.zip
Screen Snap Shot - MS Outlook 2007
(171.28 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

No, preview handler is a part of Shell Extensions.

Can you check what is located into the folder C:\Programs Files\Tracker Software\Shell Extensions ?
There should be one .dll and one .exe file.

If they are present, please try to run:

Code: Select all

regsvr32 "C:\Programs Files\Tracker Software\Shell Extensions\XCShInfo.dll"
"C:\Programs Files\Tracker Software\Shell Extensions\PXCPrevHost.exe" /RegServer
Please let me know if that helps.

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Jaragorn
User

Post by Jaragorn »

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and I've just reinstalled PDFXchange Pro and and did a "Complete" install. In my first install I did a custom install and made sure everything was selected.

In both cases, I checked my C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4\Shell Extensions folder and I have these files:
PDFProperties.propdesc
and
XCShInfo.dll

There's a Win32 folder there with the same files but of different sizes.

In Outlook 2007, I also have the "no previewer available" message. What do I need to do to get the previewer to function within Outlook 2007?

Thanks
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

PXCPrevHost.exe is specific for Windows XP, and it is not installed under Vista/Windows 7

Please try to run this commands:

Code: Select all

regsvr32 "C:\Programs Files\Tracker Software\Shell Extensions\XCShInfo.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Programs Files\Tracker Software\Shell Extensions\Win32\XCShInfo.dll"
Please let me know if this solves the problem.

Jaragorn
User

Post by Jaragorn »

The first regsvr yielded this:

The module "C:\program files\Tracker software\PDF X-change 4\shell extensions\XCShInfo.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

I didn't try the second.

Thanks
mantao
User

Post by mantao »

Thanks Ivan - worked like a charm ... just needed to change the path to point to "Program Files".

Jaragorn - you might need to run the command prompt as "administrator", in order to get the DLL file to be successfully registered.
Jaragorn
User

Post by Jaragorn »

Ivan, I also tried that but no joy.

Thanks