v.2.0039.2 Final

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

CitiX
User

v.2.0039.2 Final

Post by CitiX »

Hi

v.2.0039.2 Final is available via Live-Update and on the Download-Page, but it's still v.2.0039 RC2.
When ist it ready to Download?

Regards
CitiX
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: v.2.0039.2 Final

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

An announcement thread will no doubt be posted when it is released. The final release is overdue, but there is no point releasing software before known (significant) bugs are fixed. Scheduled release dates are always subject to change. Asking for another release date is pretty pointless, as it won't be released until its ready, and when it is, we will be told.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
CitiX
User

Post by CitiX »

Bhikkhu Pesala, I am not begging for a new Version. The Point is that v.2.0039.2 Final is available via Live-Update. After Installation it's still v.2.0039 RC2.
The Portable Version is v.2.0039.2 Final.

Tracker Software should improve their Update-System, because it is not the first Time, that a wrong Version is available via Live-Update.
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

As anounced here, the problem with the update system is known and the behaviour will change in future ;)
prius04
User

Post by prius04 »

I can fully understand the "problem with the Update System".

I cannot, however, understand why someone at Tracker can't simply change the Last Update date on the download page so that it is accurate. Currently, it's reads "30 Aug, 2008" for Viewer and that is where the confusion arises for me. I click on the download link in the belief that a new build has been released, get a file that reads something like PDFXVwer.zip, download and install it only to find out it's the same build I already have.

The resolution here is far too easy; ensure that the date listed under Last Update is accurate (if it isn't, simply change it) OR provide a more descriptive file name (e.g. PDFXVwerRC2.zip).

Also, I've noted another issue with respect to updates. Perhaps it's just me but it certainly seems that downloading via Live Update is slower than downloading directly from the link on the download page.........definitely not the behavior I would expect nor what I've experienced with other software that has a built-in update feature.
andreasm1982
User

Post by andreasm1982 »

Just tested:

- got version 2.39.2 over live-update
- downloaded version from homepage: It's still 2.39 RC2

Please update download server so that we can download newest build.
Where can I see a changelog?

Idea: Show version number on first page of xchange viewer installer. So everybody could see which version it is.

By the way, I saw that some things aren't translated yet into german. Where can I get a fully translated language file?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

RE: Build 2.039 (final)

It seems that Vista users who are not set as the Administrator (if you are the only user and have UAC set on (user access control) - you do not have full admin rights, even though it might say 'Admin' in the control panel) then you will need to download and install manually from :

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVwer.zip

we are working on a revised MSI installer that will resolve this and not require admin rights - but this will take a little time.

The German (and other Lang Translations) will be available as soon as provided by our respective translator's.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

andreasm1982 wrote: Where can I get a fully translated language file?
Now you can get it here
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Mike and a new build has been issued with this included too :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com