Failure to open pdf file, online

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Don Schmidt
User

Failure to open pdf file, online

Post by Don Schmidt »

Using PDF-XChange Viewer Pro ver 2.0 Build 039 dated Aug 4, 2008

From what seems to be a single source, Wells Fargo Bank, Viewer fails to open the monthly bank statement onlne, within Internet Explorer 6.
The work-a-round is to do a "File, Save target as" and after downloading the file opens without problems. This is not a problem to me, but may annoy some folks.

I believe this happened in an early version, before Pro but was resolved.

If you need a copy of my bank statement, please advise of a secure destination. I'd rather not share my bank statement with the world. :P

Windows XP Pro SP3
Internet Explorer 6
Don
Vancouver, USA
Tom - Tracker

Re: Failure to open pdf file, online

Post by Tom - Tracker »

Don

We will let you know if we need to see a copy and where to send it, failling that the MD of the company has just moved to your side of the world and I am sure he would pop round and pick it up :shock:

Will get back to you soon.
Don Schmidt
User

Re: Failure to open pdf file, online

Post by Don Schmidt »

Tom,

I believe his plan was to move to Vancouver, BC our Canadian neighbors, some 280 miles to the north. I'm in Vancouver, WA USA. Informally renamed to "Vancouver USA" to clarify which Vancouver.

Both Vancouvers were named after the explorer, Captain George Vancouver who was born in King's Lynn, Norfolk.

Some years ago, some travelers driving from California and coming across the State of Oregon would come to the Columbia River, the dividing line between Oregon and Washington. Well, at times the travelers would think they were crossing the Frazier River (just south of Vancouver, BC) and say, "Are we in Canada already?!! The sign on the north end of the Oregon/Washington Interstate Bridge reads, "Welcome to Vancouver". :!:
Don
Vancouver, USA