Build 38.2: Printing

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Build 38.2: Printing

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Into build 38.2 some experimental improvements was made with printing images.

There are some hidden options (hidden because changing of them isn't available via UI) for image's printing. Into attached file there are five .reg files whith different set of settings for printing images (one of them returns settings to their default original values).

Would be very helpful if user who experienced the trouble with printing will test to print 'problem' files with each of these set of settings and let us know the result.

Thank you for your support.
Attachments
printing_reg_files.zip
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
prius04
User

Re: Build 38.2: Printing

Post by prius04 »

Okay, not sure if this is what you're looking for but, the following are sizes (rounded) when using the various settings to print a 36k PDF:

With "Print as images" checked:
Print old - 8MB
Print complex 8bpp - 10MB
Print complex 1bpp - 10MB
Print 2rops 8bpp - 10MB
Print 2rops 1bpp - 10MB

With "Print as images" unchecked:
Print old - 1.3MB
Print complex 8bpp - 1.3MB
Print complex 1bpp - 2MB
Print 2rops 8bpp - 2MB
Print 2rops 1bpp - 1.3MB

As a side note, with the "Print as images" box unchecked, I find the printed output rather lacking in quality when compared to the same doc printed from within Foxit. Further, for purposes of comparison, the file size using Foxit came in at around 2MB.

.....More importantly, for me at least, is the fact that my driver issue (or whatever) remains unresolved; paper size STILL defaults to JIS B4 rather than Letter.