Question about Mozilla plugin

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

twonger
User

Question about Mozilla plugin

Post by twonger »

I downloaded and installed PDF XChange Viewer. I installed both the IE plugin and the Firefox plugin. IN IE7, I can open pdf files in the browser window. However, when I try to open a pdf file in Firefox, I cannot open the file in a Firefox window. Is this normal or a glitch?

I made sure to check "Display PDF in Browser" in PREFERENCES->FILE EXTENSIONS.
In the directory PROGRAM FILES->MOZILLA FIREFOX->PLUGINS, I verified that npPDFXCviewNPPlugin.dll is present. (It is version 1.0.0.34).
However, in Firefox, when I go to TOOLS->OPTIONS->CONTENT->MANAGE FILE TYPES, I cannot select the option to use a plugin for pdf files. That option is greyed out (No Plugin Available).

I have the latest edition of Firefox (2.0.0.11) In IE7, everything seems fine, Ipdf files open in the browser window. However, for some reason I can't get it to work in Firefox. Am I missing something?
Itchy
User

Post by Itchy »

I was to post about this in the firefox plugin version 1.0.0034 thread.

Anywho, PDFs are still not opening within the browser for me either.

1) The npPDFXCviewNPPlugin.dll (version 1.0.0.34) is in the "\Mozilla Firefox\plugins" folder.

2) Firefox Version 2.0.0.11 on Windows XP Home Edition SP2

3) In Firefox, going to "Tools -> Options -> Content -> Manage File Types" the select plugin option is unselectable. It seems that Firefox isn't noticing the plugin. Screenshot:

4) As it was asked in this post, I can confirm that there is indeed a value named "plugins" in the registry under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11\extensions"

5) The "path" value under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@tracker-software.com/PDF-XChange Viewer Plugin,version=1.0,application/pdf" is set to "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Viewer\pdf-viewer\npPDFXCviewNPPlugin.dll"

6) *sigh* and yes, I have restarted my laptop. And Firefox. I gone throught the various combinations e.g. Close Firefox, go to PDF XChange Viewer, tick the "Open in Browser" option, click apply then okay, open Firefox.

7) The previous versions of the plugin haven't worked either. I'm only posting abut it now as I care enough now. Terminal laziness is crap.

N.B.: Apart from this you've made quite a freakin' ace piece of software! I love the fact that you developers actually respond to users on these forums.
BigMike
User

Plugin for Opera/Netscape isn't recognized

Post by BigMike »

I'm sorry to bug you again, but I've installed build 0034 this afternoon and Opera doesn't recognize the PDF plugin anymore. It's the similar problem like above, but with a different browser...

- The npPDFXCviewNPPlugin.dll (v 1.0.0.34) is placed in Opera\program\plugins (as it should be)
- The copy in the PDF-XChange Viewer directory is registered as Mozilla plugin in the registry.
(Both were recognized by Opera, when build 0033 was installed)

I'm using Opera 9.25 on WinXP SP2, all patches as far as I know.

What I've tried until now:
- removed the dll manually and added it again
- created completely new profile for opera
- removed pdf viewer via control panel/software and reinstalled (again dll's are properly placed and registered but not recognized)
- installed opera and viewer on a virtual machine (also WinXP SP2)

Any other suggestions, what I could/should try?

Thanks,
BigMike
Alexs_
User

Post by Alexs_ »

I can't confirm this in Opera 9.25/9.5 beta and Firefox 2.0.0.11, the plugin (v1 build 0034) don't registered in this Browser.
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

My Opera plugin is still working fine.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:My Opera plugin is still working fine.
Are you really sure, that you're using the latest Opera plugin (v 1.0.0.34)??

Because, if I replace plugin dll with the older version (1.0.0.33), it will work like expected! (I only replaced the dll, all other files are still build 0034)

So I'm pretty sure, that it's a problem with the new plugin dll.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Apologies - we have a found a problem and hope to have a fix out in the next few days.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com