Problems with Licence Renewal

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Paddy the Irishman
User

Problems with Licence Renewal

Post by Paddy the Irishman »

Hi Friends

First of all I want to let you know in general terms I love PDF Exchange Editor I migrated to
Tracker Software.JPG
PEXE in 2016 Yes 2016 see attached I did so because I was totally played out with Adobe and its very invasive software so I researched and found your site and product.

To say I have sang the praises of your product to friends and colleagues since then would be an understatement however recently I have become a little bit disillusioned with the administration of the product

As I have confirmed I been with PEXE and Tracker Software a long time but in and around August September 2020 I found what I thought was a glitch in the product as I lost the ability to highlight text in documents. When it didn't resolve itself I checked for an update and found that there was one available hoping it would solve the glitch I installed it.
Not once was a warning or advising me of any restrictions etc of completing the installation so far so good.

As my old boss used to say "every silver lining has a cloud" as recently, I found trying to combine a series of pages into one document didn't work and I got a message that this option was no longer available to me see attached this came as a big surprise because when I purchased my license in the early days it was to my recollection a lifetime license not an eight year license as appears to be the case now see attached.

Can you please review my complaint and give me an explanation as to where I stand on this matter.

Kind regards
Patrick

PS
Loved your wonderful PM's greeting online to Ireland Inc on St Patrick's Day today
Attachments
Tracker Software 2.JPG
Tracker Software 1.JPG
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Licence Renewal

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Paddy the Irishman

Based on your screenshots, you have most likely updated to a version which is not covered by your license maintenance. If you uninstall the current version, then sign into your user account, and run the installer provided there (along with your license key) you will be able to install the latest version available which you license key will cover.

Our software license purchases are a one-time fee. The license itself is a perpetual license that includes at least one year of maintenance, and entitles you to free updates to new version releases during that period. You can opt into a longer maintenance period at the time of purchase, or renew the maintenance later on, to continue getting updates for the products. Should you decide not to renew your products and let the maintenance expire, you are still entitled to use any version released during your term of active maintenance. The relevant versions for your licenses are always available from your account page.

You can learn more about this on our licensing explained page here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/licensing

Please also note that I have intentionally only provided generic information (not relating directly to your account, purchases, or otherwise) here, as this is a public forum. If you have inquiries relating to your specific license, we ask that you please email us so we can have a private conversation on that matter, and delve into the intricated details about your license, account, expiry dates, and the like.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Paddy the Irishman
User

Re: Problems with Adding Text to an imported pdf form

Post by Paddy the Irishman »

image.png
Hi Friends
I'm getting the above message when I try to fill out an imported pdf document I'm using Version 7 Build 328.2 I have a license how do I fill out this form online
Regards
Patrick
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Licence Renewal

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Paddy,

form filling is a free feature, you should not be getting a message just from that, regardless of the version.

Is the form publicly available? I am keen to test filling it out with the "Free" Editor.

Do you have the matching installation now for your key? That may also be an issue. As Dan mentioned however, we will not post details of your license here because it is public. I am keen to see your license. May I ask you to email it to support@trtacker-software.com as I do not see anything associated with the mail you use here on the forums.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com