problem with highlighting

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

heidi239
User

problem with highlighting

Post by heidi239 »

Hello I'm a new user of xchange viewer- very impressed so far, but one issue with the highlighting.
I can't select a single line/lines to highlight ; the highlight tool automatically highlights everything from the location of the mouse down to the end of that page. Is there a way around this? The same happens with the underlining tool.

Thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have never seen that problem. Do you have a link to a file that behaves like this?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Could it be that the PDF file is image based and contains no actual text ?

Please zip and upload a sample if you believe this is not the case and we will be pleased to take a look.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
heidi239
User

Post by heidi239 »

Hello,
All the files I've tried so far have exhibited this behaviour. I noticed though that it only happens when in the double page view mode (not in single page view mode).
Please find the attached file.

Most of the files I've created have been with a pdf printer such as cutepdf. However in answer to your question, all of the files I have tried have been text based (not image based) pdf's. The text is searchable, and on other similar pdf reading/ editing software there is no problem with highlighting.

Thanks.
Attachments
faith and reason.zip
(261.67 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

See the security tab in Document Properities. Changing the document is "Not Allowed."
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Confirmed - the document you have offered for checking does indeed have security restrictions enabled and does not allow changes to be made or content to be added.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Confirmed bug with selection in two columns mode (Facing and Continuous - Facing). For now workarround is use single column mode.
However attached file cannot be changed - see explaination above.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
heidi239
User

Another example

Post by heidi239 »

Thanks for your reply- it was my mistake to upload a secure pdf, but actually every pdf I've tried so far (including unsecured) have exhibited this behaviour in two-column mode.

Any idea when the bug will be fixed?
Thanks.

Heidi
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Bug with selections is already fixed, so you should wait for next build.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.