downloading/installing issue

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

krenzein
User

downloading/installing issue

Post by krenzein »

When I download the program the files just show up in my computer, without any "install" or instructions. What do I need to do?

Thanks

www.roadrunneremail.org
Last edited by krenzein on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: downloading/installing issue

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, krenzein

To install the software, you will need to open the zip file which you have just downloaded, and locate the "executable" file that is contained within. Double click on that executable file, and windows will extract and run it automatically for you. During the install process, you will need to follow the steps on screen, and click next a few times. Midway through the process you will be prompted to choose a "complete" or "custom" installation. I would advise choosing a complete installation in this case.

After the installation is completed, you should see new icons on your desktop, which can be used to launch the software. Once it is opened, you can use File > open, or simply double click on a document to open it. You can also use Ctrl+N or File > new document to create a new document.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com