Transcribing

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bjames@jres.com
User

Transcribing

Post by bjames@jres.com »

I have experienced the following problem(s) with the PDF-XChange Viewer:

When I print a document to letter size, it shows up as legal size, despite the letter size settings. What should I do?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Transcribing

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi bjames,

Thanks for the post - The Viewer was replaced by the Editor a number of years ago and therefore is no longer supported. Please try the Editor:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downloads

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
bjames@jres.com
User

I have installed pdfExchange Editor and see the same result. The settings in the Print Options, Properties, Paper Setting is Standard Letter, but the output is legal size regardless of whether the source is a Word document or an Outlook email. And the View is full width on the screen, contrary to my desire. What should I do now?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi bjames,

Please try setting this option:
image.png
You may also need to change the scaling option to fit/reduce to printer margins.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
bjames@jres.com
User

Thanks. I recall seeing this page along the way, but I cannot find it now. When I start the print function from Word or Outlook among Print Options I find Page Setup and printer Properties where letter size is specified. But the result is still legal size. I suppose the default View could fix the full width problem, but I can't find a place to set default View options as well.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi bjames,

This feature is specific to our Editor. and printing from it If you would like to change the print size when printing from e.g. Word, then that either needs to be handled there or set via the preferences of the printer.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
bjames@jres.com
User

OK, now to refresh, the problem that started this was one of my two computers with PDF-Xchange started printing to legal size when all specifications are letter size after no change that would apparently cause this. As a part of the solution process, I discovered a need to change from PDF-Xchange Viewer to Editor and did that on both computers. To solve a parallel View problem, I found Preferences and revised the default View to Fit Page. With advice I rechecked the output paper size of the print functions from both Word and Outlook among Print Options in Page Setup and the PDF-Xchange printer Properties and found that in all places letter size is specified. On the computer that first exhibited the problem, the page size of the output from both Word and Outlook is still legal when it should be letter. On the companion computer with the same conversion to PDF-Xchange Editor the output page size is still letter.

What should I do now?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, bjames@jres.com

As the issue now only seems to be present in Outlook and Word, I am unsure if we can help much further on this front, My advice would be to try updating your Office suite on the problematic machine and see if that helps.
If not, you can send us a copy of the Word document you are having issues converting, as well as screenshot of your Word print options, and our Printer properties, and we will look into this and see if there is anything that can be done from our side to help with this.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
bjames@jres.com
User

Thanks for your reply. The issue is not ONLY with Outlook and Word. I have attached an example of a print result from Chrome of this exchange which also was printed ostensibly in letter format but as you can see the result is legal format. I discovered another difference between the two computers - the PDF-Xchange pages on the computer which exhibits the problem is in a larger format of font, etc. than appears on the normally operating computer. This doesn't seem related, but I cannot find a place to change the problem computer PDF-Xchange format to make it similar to the normal computer. The settings on the Customize User Interface Appearance page are the same on both computers.

Transcribing - Tracker Software Products.pdf
(617.28 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi bjames,

Thanks for the PDF - You're using an extremely old release of the software. Please download and test the latest release and see if that helps:

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
bjames@jres.com
User

Hmm, I very recently installed PDF-Xchange Editor. Regardless, I reinstalled it and printed the attached.

Curious that you were able to examine that document, because I was told I need to zip any attachment. Regardless of that, I have zipped this attachment which exhibits the same problem - legal size format when it was printed in letter size.

This is getting rediculous!
Microsoft Outlook - Memo Style.zip
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi bjames,

You seem to be using the PDF-XChange Standard Printer to create the document. You may be using the latest release of the Editor, but the Editor is not being used to create the document and indeed has no involvement when creating documents from e.g. Chrome (this is the printer), so please update from Version 4 of our printer to Version 8 and see if that helps the issue.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
bjames@jres.com
User

OK, where do I go and how do I do that?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

The latest releases are always available via the downloads page:

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
bjames@jres.com
User

OK, now I see the variety of options that are available and see that I must pay for a printer. I have a Serial Key No. from a past purchase. Is that usable here? I don't want to post it.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

We can't deal with licensing queries via the forums, so if you'd like to know about possible license upgrades, please email support@pdf-xchange.com with your license key and we'll advise there.

However, the latest release of the printer can still be tested without a license key and it will not overwrite the existing printer.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
bjames@jres.com
User

OK, now I have purchased PDF Xchange Editor Plus on both computers and I find the same result. On the home laptop, despite a setting of letter format, the output is in legal format. This does not happen on the office PC, but it happens on the home laptop when printing is from Word, Outlook and Chrome.

How do I make PDFXchange Editor Plus print to the letter format that is specified in the print command?
2019 Standard Glossary (2).zip
(106.86 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello James,

Thank you for the feedback.

Could you please show us where do you set the page size?

Regards.
bjames@jres.com
User

As you requested.
USPAP Scope of Work and Reporting 2020-2021.zip
(77.96 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello James,

On the screenshot, I can see that you are using a very old version of the print driver.

Could you please try that again by using the latest version 8.0.336.0 one and let us know what is the result?

Regards.
bjames@jres.com
User

Seems like a pretty obvious solution, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about! What driver in what software? I tried to update the new version of PDF Xchange I j just bought but of course it's up to date. I see nothing about any drivers in the screen shot I sent you. You need to give me instructions that are much more specific than this. Geez this is getting ridiculous. I spent a lot of money to upgrade my software from Tracker because it looked like I needed it, but if the driver issue is the problem then the old version was working fine. And then I get useless assistance. Please tell me very specifically where to go and what to do step by step. How many more emails back and forth is this going to take?
bjames@jres.com
User

It's been several days and I have not received a response. What should I do?
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello James,

I apologize for the delay.

This is what I saw on your screenshot:

image.png

Could you please follow this procedure of clean installation of our products:

I've numbered the steps below to make them easier to follow.

1) Uninstall all products of ours that you have installed. Restart the computer.
**Note: restarting the computer at all prompted points is a very large part of making this work, so please be sure to do them
**Note: Also be sure to disable any and all anti virus programs that you have running and make sure that you are logged in as the Administrator.

2) Open up File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files and delete the PDF-XChange and/or Tracker Software folder.

image.png

3) Now, go to the Windows search bar and type in " regedit ", then right click and hit "Run as Administrator" - the following will show up:

image.png

image.png

4) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and delete the Tracker Software / PDF-XChange folder.

image.png

5) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and delete Tracker Software / PDF-XChange folder.

image.png

6) Re-install all the products you have installed before with this link:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

7) Now complete the install and restart Windows.

Hopefully that does fix the problem!

Regards.
bjames@jres.com
User

Thanks, it seems to work OK now.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

I'm glad to hear that. :-)