Is it possible to recover the sessions I opened before?  SOLVED

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hank780420
User

Is it possible to recover the sessions I opened before?

Post by hank780420 »

Hello, My Win10 just crush yesterday, it forces me to do recovery of the OS .
I get a backup of all file on the system disk, but I can not resume the PDF file I opened before system crash.
I used to open a lot of pdf files while working, so it will be very useful to get the files I opened before.
For some other applications(like firefox), I did find the old user setting file and successfully recovered the status before OS crash.
I just wandering if I can find such setting file of PDF XChange Viewer, I did try but failed
Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to recover the sessions I opened before?  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Hank,

I am afraid that the 'current' list of opened files is normally stored in the Registry, and there's no separate file that you can use to 'recover' a crashed state.

However - to avoid the same issue in the future - we offer 'sessions' which you can manage, and create new ones.
Yes - you will now need to re-open your files and arrange them as before, but at least you will only need to do it once, and then under File -> Open -> Sessions you can save those sessions to external files that can later be imported back.

Regards,
Stefan