Icon fresh up?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Puffolino
User

Icon fresh up?

Post by Puffolino »

Hi,
I am using the small and fast PDF viewer day by day - it's just quicker to view a document than starting the editor...
...but meanwhile it looks a little bit old fashioned - I would like to update all symbols (which shouldn't be a big deal because all of them are in a single png file within the program resources). But wouldn't it be cool to use the same icons as the editor?!

I didn't find an easy way to catch the icons of the editor (which seems to stay somewhere in the core dll) and don't like to do screenshots to cut and edit icon by icon...
...is there a possibility that I'll get a copy of all icons within the editor program? I would offer to forward the resulting image resource to do a fresh up of the viewer ;)

Thanks!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Icon fresh up?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Puffolino,

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid that this isn't possible. The Viewer isn't receiving any further updates and there is no way to use the Editor's icons in the Viewer. Given that we're no longer developing the Viewer, I'm afraid that this isn't something that we'll add; refactoring a UI takes quite a lot of work.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Yes, I know that the viewer is very old...

...but I did some polishing now and I think, it looks modern now 8)
PDFViewer.png

Bad luck, not all symbols can be changed easily - didn't find the location for the drawing tools (seen in the red area :oops: )
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Puffolino,

I've had to check this with the CEO, and I'm afraid that I have to advise that modifying the application as you have is a violation of our End User License Agreement and, as such, is a violation of the law. This is something that you could potentially be held legally accountable for, as the EULA specifies that users are not allowed to modify, in any way, the application that they are provided, irrespective of their intended purpose.

I understand that you did not have any negative intentions at all, but we can advise no further here and must request that you do not continue to modify the application in this manner, or any other manner that goes against the EULA.

Should you wish to use a more modern looking application, please do use the Editor:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

If there is an issue with starting time, we would much rather address this in the Editor.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Hi Will,

thanks for your efforts - and even the software doesn't need to be altered to view different icons on the screen I will stop doing such bad things.
Thank you also very much for the hint using the editor - I've licenced the product for years and use it when needed . As written in the first post viewing a PDF is the job for the lightweight viewer.

Cheerio.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Puffolino,

Thanks for the understanding!
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)