CTRL-F search box highlight issue

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

zippy55513
User

CTRL-F search box highlight issue

Post by zippy55513 »

<< I posted both in PDF-XChange Viewer as well as PDF-XChange Editor since the problem shows up in both programs >>

Is there any way to cause CTRL-F to *always* highlight the previous text so that the previous search is overwritten?

Example of proper behavior:
- Press CTRL-F
- Type search word, press ENTER
- Click on PDF to scroll around
- Press CTRL-F
- Previous text is highlighted and can now be overwritten

Example of improper behavior:
- Press CTRL-F
- Type search word, press ENTER
- Click at the end of the search word, unselecting the search word
- Click on PDF to scroll around
- Press CTRL-F
- Note that the previous search word is no longer highlighted but instead appends to the search term

This is only one example of the inconsistent behavior and one way to predictably repeat the behavior. There are other times it will highlight or unhighlight in ways I can't predict. For example, sometimes I switch to another window and it will go from highlighting the word to not. It's highly frustrating.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: CTRL-F search box highlight issue

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Zippy55513,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we have recently done some work in that field, but apparently missed a few possibilities, I have updated our internal ticket to reflect these new issues so that we can begin resolving them. If you need an update on the progress, any member of our support team will be able to lookup the following ticket for you:
RT#4349

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: CTRL-F search box highlight issue

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

I just noticed that This thread is regarding the now discontinued Viewer, and not the mirrored thread you created about the Editor!
I am sorry to say that the viewer will likely not see this improvement, however the Editor very likely will. I am copying my previous post over to your other thread here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=32279
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com