custom text value  SOLVED

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Neville.Little
User

custom text value

Post by Neville.Little »

Hi Tracker Support,
Can you tell me what the export value is of a dropdown when custom text is entered.
Thanks Neville
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: custom text value

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Neville.Little,

Are you trying to export form data?
Can you please attach a copy of the form and the exported result and we should be able to advise further!

Regards,
Stefan
Neville.Little
User

Re: custom text value  SOLVED

Post by Neville.Little »

Hello Stefan,
I have attached an abbreviated version of my form. I have two customer groups (Blue and Red) each group has different pricing for items. Customers in the Blue group have an Export Value of 2, Red groups Export Value is 3. I used these values to determine which Dropdown boxes appear. My problem is I would like to be able to Manually add a customer to either group, but when I enter a new customer, for example in the Blue group, the Export value is no longer 2 and therefore no Dropdowns appear.
Regards Neville
Attachments
Demo.pdf
(9.49 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Neville,

Thanks for that - When you say that you are adding a customer manually, do you mean by JS? If so, can you send the script that you're using to do that?

**Note: Offhand, it looks like the issue is caused because you're relying on a specific element in the list/array (element 2 for blue, 3 for red, etc.). By adding to that list, you're pushing elements out of their original position and so they're no longer indexed where you're expecting. I'll know for sure when I know how you're adding the customer.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Neville.Little
User

Post by Neville.Little »

Hi Tracker support
I see now what happens, I was trying to allow an additional customer to be added, by the guys in the field, where they don’t have access to “Edit Form”. The export value of the added customer will just be that customers name and not a number. It turns out the easier solution is for me to just amend the form as required, using “Edit Form” and send them the new version.
Thanks for your help
Neville
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Neville,

I'm glad to hear that you've at least found an acceptable substitute method!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com