Automatic Save File without Question

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

howare
User

Automatic Save File without Question

Post by howare »

Hello,

if i create a comment in a PDF-File and will close this, the Viewer ask me if i want do save the changes.
Is it possible to change a registry entry, that he will automaticlly save the changes without askin me?

My Version is PDFXchange Viewer 2.5 / 322.7

Kind regards
howare
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Save File without Question

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello howare,

I am afraid that this is not possible in the Viewer, and as it is a discontinued product - not going to be added in the future either.

In the Editor you have an option to turn on e.g. AutoSave - so your files are saved automatically after a period of time (I believe the default is 5 minutes), but when closing an applicatin - having it auto save all changed files is not very likely to happen - Imagine a case where you have many files open - and are certain you DO NOT want to save the changes to a specific one. If an accidental click on the close button for the whole program closes and saves this one - there will be no way for you to undo the changes (the undo history will be gone with the Editor closing).

Saving changes to a file is in my opinion always good to be a conscious operation!

Regards,
Stefan
howare
User

Post by howare »

Thank you for the information.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:-)