Hot to modify texts in the text boxes?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

GiadaS
User

Hot to modify texts in the text boxes?

Post by GiadaS »

Hello,
I already used PDF-XChange Viewer in the past (another PC) but now I downloaded a version (2.5) that does not give me the possiblity to modify the text (size, color, font)!
I already checked in all file functions and I can only highlight, underline or bar the text :evil:
How can I download the text modification functions? Or shall I download a previous/further version of the software?

Thank you.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Hot to modify texts in the text boxes?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello GiadaS,

Welcome to our forums.
If you are certain you had the viewer before and not e.g. it's successor the PDF XChange Editor:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor
Then the version you have recently downloaded from our website should offer you the same features as what you had before.

To be able to 'change' text in a PDF File with the Viewer - this text has to be in an annotation.
There is no possibility to edit base content text with the Viewer. This feature was added in the Editor.

In any case - I would recommend you to try the Editor, as the Viewer has been discontinued for over 4 years now, and no new features or updates have been provided for it recently.

Regards,
Stefan
GiadaS
User

Post by GiadaS »

Thank you Stefan for your quick answer.
I now have a doubt :oops: os the Editor free as the viewer? For sure I used a free version, so if the Editor is free, it can be that I used it!
GiadaS
User

Post by GiadaS »

I checked and it was the Viewer!!
I'm adding an image i found in internet to show you how it looked like: please have a llok at the two "squares" for the color of text box and the command: A typewriter. Now I do not have these functions!!
Attachments
image.png
GiadaS
User

Post by GiadaS »

Hello, I solved the matter!!! :D
The function I wanted changed in 2.5 version!!!! Anyway I now synchronized the software with my version of Windows, restart everything and it now works!
Thank you so much for trying to help me!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello GiadaS,

Glad to hear you've managed to resolve this!

Cheers,
Stefan