Page link does not work

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

robma
User

Page link does not work

Post by robma »

Hi,
I'm currently using PDF-XChange Editor Plus 7.0 Build 323.0 and I like it already for years. I want to open a PDF-File from another one at a certain page and therefore added #page=72 to the link (example: file:///C:/Users/user/Documents/TXT.pdf#page=72). But the file TXT.pdf opens at page 1. When I open the same files in Firefox for example and click the link it works and the file TXT.pdf is opened at page 72. So I assume either I missed to set a preference in or the link is not processed properly by PDF-XChange. Any help appreciated.

rob
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Page link does not work

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Rob,

Welcome to our forum.

Could you please try to update your PDF Editor to our latest version 7.0.324.3, and see if this solves your problem?

You can download it at this location:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

Best regards.
robma
User

Post by robma »

Hello Dimitar,
I just updated to 7.0.324.3 and got the same behaviour.

Best regards
rob
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Rob,

Could you please send us an example file or link to a file, so we can investigate this issue?

Thanks.

Best regards.
robma
User

Post by robma »

Hello,
please find two files attached. In file LinkTest.pdf is just one link to the second attached file, which should open on page 7. Put both files in the same directory, open LinkTest.pdf in PDF-XChange and click the link. The second file will open in PDF-XChange on page 1, at least on my computer. If I put both files on a webspace and open the first in Firefox, the second file is opened in Firefox on page 7, when clicking the link.

Best regards
rob
Attachments
LinkTest.pdf
(9.55 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
93-42-EWG-2007-10-11-harmonisierte-Normen.pdf
(119.47 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Robma,
This is because it is a web link, Links between documents in most any pdf editing software will open to the documents page setting, not the links page setting.
The reason these work in firefox is because it is a web browser, and appropriately reads these links.
You can try this in any other PDF editing software and you will find they likely behave the same.

To perform this action in the editor please use the link tool,
Instead of creating a web link you will need to use the "Go to page in another document" function

Hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
robma
User

Post by robma »

Thank you for this information. I wasn't aware of that. I'll try your solution. My aim is to use the same links with files on the file system in XChange-Editor and in a browser on a server. I think, I remember a time when this worked, but it might have been some years ago, when browsers still had acces to the local file system.

best regards
rob
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Anytime robma,
I believe this should work in that situation, please let me know if it doesn't! :)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com