Was the buffer overflow issue only in Viewer, or also in Editor 6.0.322.7, or other products?  SOLVED

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Spiff
User

Was the buffer overflow issue only in Viewer, or also in Editor 6.0.322.7, or other products?

Post by Spiff »

Dear Tracker Support,

The buffer overflow issue as reported by Sebastian Feldmann, that was fixed in PDF-XChange Viewer version 2.5.322.8, was that only in PDF-XChange Viewer, or also in PDF-XChange Editor 6.0.322.7 and earlier, or other products?
I am asking, because not all Editor users are over to version 7.0, yet.
If the issue that was in PDF-XChange Viewer would also be in Editor 6.0.322.7 and earlier, or other products, that would be relevant to know.

Thanks very much
and best regards
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Was the buffer overflow issue only in Viewer, or also in Editor 6.0.322.7, or other products?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Spiff,

That was a Viewer Only issue, and I have confirmed with our devs that the Editor was NOT affected.

We are going to have a new Editor build out this week - but it will be correcting other issues.

Cheers,
Stefan
Spiff
User

Re: Was the buffer overflow issue only in Viewer, or also in Editor 6.0.322.7, or other products?

Post by Spiff »

Ah, thanks very much, Stefan, good to know, much appreciated.
Just to be sure, where you said, "the Editor was NOT affected", I suppose that also applies to Editor 6.0.322.7 and earlier, not only the new 7.0 series?

Best regards
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Was the buffer overflow issue only in Viewer, or also in Editor 6.0.322.7, or other products?  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Spiff,

The Editor was designed mostly independently from the Viewer - so these vulnerabilities (we've only really had two for the Viewer over the last decade!!!) have not been transferred.
While we only tested the latest Editor build - it is most likely true that previous ones will also not be affected, as the image decoding engine has not had any significant changes in the Editor recently.

Regards,
Stefan
Spiff
User

Post by Spiff »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: The Editor was designed mostly independently from the Viewer - so these vulnerabilities (we've only really had two for the Viewer over the last decade!!!) have not been transferred.
Thanks, that is what I assumed.
Again, thanks very much, Stefan.

Off topic -
I don't seem to receive any e-mail notifications of new replies, while settings in notification options are correct, and in reply options "Notify me when a reply is posted" is correctly checked.
Is there an issue with e-mail notifications, in the current board?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

don't seem to receive any e-mail notifications of new replies, while settings in notification options are correct, and in reply options "Notify me when a reply is posted" is correctly checked.
Is there an issue with e-mail notifications, in the current board?
Hi Spiff,
I am still getting those notifications. Have you checked your spam inbox or message filtering options?

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Spiff
User

Post by Spiff »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote: Have you checked your spam inbox or message filtering options?
Thanks, Patrick.
Yes, I have checked my spambox, nothing there.
Last time on the forum was on the Editor forum, December 4. Early December, I received e-mail notifications with no problems. I don't see what can be the cause of the current notification issue.
But anyway, the issue of not receiving e-mail notifications of new replies for Tracker forums is no real biggie, as usually I am not active on Tracker forums.

Thanks again
and best regards
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

I've forced a reactivation of your account to see if that fixes the issue, give it a test to find out!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Spiff
User

Post by Spiff »

Thanks, Daniel.
This is my test to see if the issue was fixed.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

and here is a reply to see if you get a notification!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Spiff
User

Post by Spiff »

Unfortunately, still no e-mail notification.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Thank for reporting this, we will do some tests and see if we can resolve this.
Have a good one!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Spiff
User

Post by Spiff »

Thanks very much, Daniel.
Have a good one you too.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

:)

Support@pdf-xchange.com