Compatibility problems of pdf files with editable modules

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Blackhole
User

Compatibility problems of pdf files with editable modules

Post by Blackhole »

Hi to all,
I'm new at this forum but I've been using this software for a long time.
As in the subject I'm encoutering issues with other PDF readers, such as Adobe Acrobat. Specifically when I compile, sign (with digital signature) and save a pdf file with editable modules with XChange Viewer, the generated file is correctly read by XChange Viewer only and not also by the Adobe reader. In fact the resulted pdf file opened by Adobe is shown as incomplete and modules are empty. By doing the inverse operation, that is saving from Adobe, the compiled and signed file is correctly read by XChange Viewer. Why this, and how to solve?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility problems of pdf files with editable modules

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Welcome and sorry to hear you are having issues.

Can you please send a sample file to our support email (pls do not post here for privacy reasons) support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this thread in your email.

Also please advise the build of PDF-XChange (e.g. exact build from the product 'About' page) you are using and the version of Windows you have installed.

Many thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Blackhole
User

Post by Blackhole »

Sorry I forgot.. the XChange Viewer Pro version is 2.5 (Build 198.0), and the operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate (x86). I sent the email.
Thanks in advance.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Seems I've replied to your email before I even found this forum post, Let us know if the editor work better for you. :)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com