issue  SOLVED

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

CarlosR
User

issue

Post by CarlosR »

I can ony print one document. When a try to print a second one, the program just stop and show me a banner "the program stopped working"

I start having this problem after I installed Avast Cleanup Premium. I send them a mail about this but they gave me no answer, yet.

I tried installing PDF-XChange Viewer, but I'm still having the same problem.

I don't know what to do, I love this program but with this issue, shutting down after I try to print a second document in the same "session", with this issue is impossible for me to work with it.

Hopefully you give me an answer.

Regards,

Carlos.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: issue

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

I can just recommend you to download and install the successor of PDF-XChange Viewer, namely PDF-XChange Editor V6.

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

And, if you wait until tomorrow, you will probably find the brand new release V7.
Previews available here:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... m.php?f=72
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello,
Thank you for the post. It sounds to me, especially because you are seeing this in the viewer too, that this is an issue with Avast. I would recommend reverting whatever changes were made by the Avast cleanup, and to uninstall it until they get back to you with some more information.

I am interested to know more about the workflow to reproduce this issue. If I understand correctly, you have, say, two documents open. You print the first one, and it prints correctly. Without closing the Editor you then try to print the second PDF, and that's when the Editor crashes. - Have I understood correctly?

Please test printing from Paint to see if the issue is present there too. Finally, what is the make and model of the printer you are using?

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
CarlosR
User

Post by CarlosR »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hello,
Thank you for the post. It sounds to me, especially because you are seeing this in the viewer too, that this is an issue with Avast. I would recommend reverting whatever changes were made by the Avast cleanup, and to uninstall it until they get back to you with some more information.

I am interested to know more about the workflow to reproduce this issue. If I understand correctly, you have, say, two documents open. You print the first one, and it prints correctly. Without closing the Editor you then try to print the second PDF, and that's when the Editor crashes. - Have I understood correctly?

Please test printing from Paint to see if the issue is present there too. Finally, what is the make and model of the printer you are using?

Cheers!
No, when I refer to "print" I mean I print a pdf from an external program, say, Word, Excel, others. I'm not using a printer. I "print" one document (it generates or "print" a pdf inside PDF Viewer) and without closing PDF Viewer I try to print another PDF. I used to do it without any kind of problems, I could have let`s say 15-20 documents pdf open ("printed" in that way), without closing the program. Today I print one and it's enough: I can´t print the second that the program crashes.

Regards,
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Carlos,
Thank you for clarifying. What is the name of the device you are using to generate these PDF? And, can you please confirm that it is the Editor that crashes when you try to generate a second PDF?
Thx!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
CarlosR
User

Re: issue  SOLVED

Post by CarlosR »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hello Carlos,
Thank you for clarifying. What is the name of the device you are using to generate these PDF? And, can you please confirm that it is the Editor that crashes when you try to generate a second PDF?
Thx!
I've already solved it by installing the V6.

Thank you very much
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:D