Browser Plugins

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Browser Plugins

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Are there any browser plugins for PDF X-Change Viewer?

Are there any plans to develop plugins for Firefox or Opera?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Yes, there already plugin for IE. It will be included into build 0022.
Plugins for Firefox and Mozilla will be included too. Plugin for Opera on testing stage now.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

No sign of any plugin for IE in build 022

The option to "Display PDF in Browser" is greyed out. Have I missed something?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

No, browser's plugins was removed at the last minute, because the IE plugin causes some problems for the Viewer's ActiveX control.

We had planned to realize this in one module with the AX, but now we need to make this a separate DLL - Sorry for delay.

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
bmc3
User

Browser Plugin

Post by bmc3 »

I have build 00030. I checked the box for Display PDF in Browser, but when I click a link for a pdf, all I get is a blank page.

I am not trying to open a pdf document, but the server I am accessing is generating content using a coldfusion cfdocument tag with format="PDF"
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Can you say me the URL for testing ?

Greyfox
User

Re: Browser Plugin

Post by Greyfox »

Build 0030 would appear to have a bug in the plug in for Internet Explorer. If a web page is accessed from a link stored in a group or sub menu of favorites, and a pdf on the page is opened and then subsequently closed, then when returning to favorites, that submenu or group has disappeared. It returns only when Internet Explorer is closed and reopened. Problem does not occur if plug in is not used. System is XP Home SP2, all current updates. Internet Explorer is version 7.0.5730.11
Has any one else experienced this problem. Have tried several uninstal/reinstall - completely repeatable. :?:
bmc3
User

Re: Browser Plugin

Post by bmc3 »

It appears to be working now. I don't know why, nothing changed. Would there have been some kind of install time lag for the first viewing?
bmc3 wrote:I have build 00030. I checked the box for Display PDF in Browser, but when I click a link for a pdf, all I get is a blank page.

I am not trying to open a pdf document, but the server I am accessing is generating content using a coldfusion cfdocument tag with format="PDF"
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Firefox support is now available :

Build 31 now available - Please select :

Help - Check for Updates
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Hi, I know, only the basic functions of PDF XChange viewer are free and there will be another version with more functions you have to pay for in future.

And you're writing explicitly of Firefox support in your announcement of build 31. But Opera supports also the plugin structure from Netscape, so I'm able to use the Firefox plugin with Opera.

Is it really intended, that I'm getting a "Demo stamp" on every page, if I'm using the plugin with Opera - but neither in IE nor in Firefox (which uses the same plugin). Or is this just an issue, because Opera is not yet officially supported?

I'm sorry for my impatience, but the Adobe plugin for Opera isn't working like a charm...
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

The issue is because we have not 'formally' added Opera support - will try and get this added in the next few days and advise.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Ok, thank you for the information :) I think waiting a few more days should be possible ;)
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

Opera should now be fully supported in todays release - build 33.

Best regards
Tracker Support
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Although I don't normally use a plugin, I probably will now. This works very well, and the little icon at bottom right allows me to quickly open it in PDF-XChange Viewer, Foxit Reader, or Adobe Reader if I need to. No need to save it, or find it in Windows Explorer. Just two clicks. :)
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Pleased you like it Bhikkhu :)

Best regards
Tracker Support
joni_s
User

Post by joni_s »

The PDF are not displayed in browser.. i have build 033 but when i click display pdf in browser nothing happens, and i click apply and there is no stabb on that :/
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Which browser are you using? In Opera, you also need to go to Preferences, Download, pdf, and select, "Use Plugin." You may also need to restart Opera for it to detect the plugin.

I don't have Firefox, but I suspect that has a similar option to be configured. IE7 didn't need any configuration if I recall correctly.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

If you need help or advice beyond that which Author Bhikkhu has kindly provided - please advise which browser you are using.

thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Hi, thank you for finally adding Opera support :)
Just one thing: The toolbar layout seems not to be saved, when a pdf is displayed in browser.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

will endeavour to get this fixed in Build 34.

Best regards
Tracker Support
joni_s
User

Post by joni_s »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Which browser are you using? In Opera, you also need to go to Preferences, Download, pdf, and select, "Use Plugin." You may also need to restart Opera for it to detect the plugin.

I don't have Firefox, but I suspect that has a similar option to be configured. IE7 didn't need any configuration if I recall correctly.
Yes, i am using IE 6..

Do you know how to play pdf in browser, when i click the stabb "display PDF in browser" and apply changes, nothing happens.. it disappears just
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Since I don't use IE6, I cannot help much. Unless you have is a good reason not to upgrade, I would recommend upgrading your browser to IE7 or one of the more secure alternatives such as Opera or Firefox. IE7 has significant interface improvements (tabbed browsing) and greater security. It may also solve your problem with the PDF plugin.
gungum
User

Mouse focus not in the plugin in Opera

Post by gungum »

When a PDF is viewed through the plugin in Opera, the focus is not set to the plugin. Because of this, you have to click into the PDF to be able to scroll the PDF with the mouse wheel.
It works fine in Firefox, but not in Opera.
I'm not sure if this can be fixed, or if it is a problem in Opera.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Looks like it is Opera trouble because plugin is the same for Opera and Firefox.
By the way, we will try to find workarround for this trouble.