a couple problems by using PDF vXchange Viewer. Need answers

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rackmanager
User

a couple problems by using PDF vXchange Viewer. Need answers

Post by rackmanager »

After using comment tool in pdf file and then save it ,then I use acrobat reader to open it.I cannot see the comment on that file. Do it really have to be open in Pdf Xhange Viewer only to see the comment ?

I have use the pdf creator to create PDF file with the encrypt password and make the file to be unprintable with the regular printer. However, when i open the unpritable pdf file in PDF Xchange viewer, i still can print it out. Do I have to use the Pdf Xchange Pro so that I can use this function ?
rackmanager
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Hi,

No, all comments added by our Viewer should be available in Acrobat Reader and other viewers.

Though please note - this is only true if the commenting was added using a recent release - some earlier versions did have a problem with this functionality.

Can you send us (please note must be Zipped) the PDF file where the trouble is reproduced ?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
braganca
User

Re: a couple problems by using PDF vXchange Viewer. Need ans

Post by braganca »

rackmanager wrote:I have use the pdf creator to create PDF file with the encrypt password and make the file to be unprintable with the regular printer. However, when i open the unpritable pdf file in PDF Xchange viewer, i still can print it out. Do I have to use the Pdf Xchange Pro so that I can use this function ?
Hi,

I have the same problem. PDF Xchange viewer allow encript password pdf to print, change ...

Why? How can PDF Xchange viewer pass over the encrypt password?

Is PDF Xchange a viewer or a crack password :oops:

sorry for my poor english, i'm from Portugal

regards
angusj
User

Re: a couple problems by using PDF vXchange Viewer. Need ans

Post by angusj »

braganca wrote:I have the same problem. PDF Xchange viewer allow encript password pdf to print, change ...
I seriously doubt that this is a bug in PDF Xchange viewer, it's almost certainly an encryption failure during PDF creation (either by the user or by the software failing to encrypt). For PDF Xchange viewer to decrypt an encrypted document it would somehow have to guess the password.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

No, the situation is a bit different. Password protection of PDF is good enough when you have no password.

But if you have only one of two possible passwords (one is the owner password, second - user's password) you can encrypt the PDF and yet still have full access to its content.

The permission stored in the PDF are no more than just 'fiction' - it is just a set of flags which inform the application using the PDF what to allow the user and what should be restricted.

For now PDF-XChange viewer pays no attention to these flags, but this situation will be changed in an upcoming build.

(Please note that user password can be empty, and this means that the viewing application can open a document without prompting for the password).

HTH

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Nelson Tai
User

Post by Nelson Tai »

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote: For now PDF-XChange viewer pays no attention to these flags, but this situation will be changed in an upcoming build.
So XChange Viewer not yet fully supports password protection, right?

I create an encrypted document via PDFCreator with owner's password, no user's password.
But when I use XChange Viewer to open it, viewer asks me to enter the password.

If you already implemented the password protection, then I think there is a bug in this routine.
angusj
User

Post by angusj »

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote:No, the situation is a bit different.
Oh, yes, of course you're right. Sorry for adding to the confusion. (I'd forgotten about PDF's use of two passwords.)
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Nelson Tai wrote:I create an encrypted document via PDFCreator with owner's password, no user's password.
Can you provide us with such PDF ?

Nelson Tai
User

Post by Nelson Tai »

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote:
Nelson Tai wrote:I create an encrypted document via PDFCreator with owner's password, no user's password.
Can you provide us with such PDF ?
Actually you can make it by yourself.
PDFCreator is a free, virtual PDF printer.

Anyway, here it is.
Here are three screenshots containing the security settings and one PDF file.

I can't open the PDF file in build 22, but Foxit Reader can open it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Reproduced. Will fix asap