Feature Requests - Text Size+better alignment of text boxes

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Othalian
User

Feature Requests - Text Size+better alignment of text boxes

Post by Othalian »

Hi All,

I have just downloaded PDF-XChange Viewer after having used Foxit viewer for a year or so. Both programs are much the same however I find this program to be less resource intensive and a little easier to use.

My main gripes with PDF-XChange Viewer are:

1. The inability to retain the same text size throughout the whole document withoout having to reselect that same size each time.

2. Aligning text is very difficult and is made even harder when selecting "Display Transparency Grid" within the Page Display properties page.

3. No facility to make fine adjustments to text box movements by selecting Ctrl+arrow key

My answer for the first is simple. Why not have the user set a default text size, style, etc, which will only change when the user makes the required selections and not when sarting a new text box. This could also be extended to setting the default colours for the lines, shapes, etc.

For the second "problem" can I suggest "stealing" an idea used in Visual Studio Express when moving and aligning text boxes etc. When dragging these around thin black lines appear to emit from the corners closes to other text boxes in that area, be they above, below or to the side. The lines need only extend to the neighbouring boxes and not beyond. Such a feature would enable users to quickly obtain perfect alignment each and every time.

Lastly for the third suggestion it would be great to have the option of moving text boxes via the Ctrl+Arrows keys. Attempting to align by drag-and-drop is not an exact science and can sometimes be fustrating when you can't get something to align correctly.

Of course PDF XChange Viewer may already have all these feature, but if so then I cannot find them.

I hope these help you to make this great product even better than the compitition. ;-)

Regards

Othalian
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

With the exception of your comments about Foxit and PDF-XChange offering the same features ( we offer a lot more for free and without applying demo stamps on the page :))

Yes broadly speaking agree the requested features are desirable and we will endeavour to add these as early as possible.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Othalian
User

Post by Othalian »

Tracker Support wrote:Hi,
With the exception of your comments about Foxit and PDF-XChange offering the same features ( we offer a lot more for free and without applying demo stamps on the page :))
Yes I know and I am, like many I'm sure, very grateful. Thanks!
Yes broadly speaking agree the requested features are desirable and we will endeavour to add these as early as possible.
Fantastic! I will be waiting to give it a try when it is released. Thanks!!!!!!!

Regards

Othalian
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Now available :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com