Build 18 and form fields

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jsTracker
User

Build 18 and form fields

Post by jsTracker »

greetings,

previous forum message discussed change/improvements for acrobat forms that would be included in build 18. i did not see anything about this in the update overview.

was anything done?

in particular the support for javascript and supporting calculations. i can see that the calculated field has a "0", but it is not doing the calc.

i believe that you stated that the acitve-x control would be available after build 18 of the viewer was released. is it ready?

thanks

jim s
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

JS working into build 18, but... not for all fields type. If you can send us sample PDF, it will be very helpful.

Attachments must be archived into a ZIP. .RAR or .7z format.

Thanks.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
jsTracker
User

form with screen shot of calculation

Post by jsTracker »

ts_pd,

i've attached the form and screenshot. notice that calculation is made using one of adobe's built in function (sum). my first guess is that was not anticipated.

thanks,

js
Attachments
form_pdf and calc_gif.zip
(215.38 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Js,

This is a known problem - we are working on this issue and hope to resolve soon, the problem for us is that there should be approx 12 (documented) events like this in the PDF doc's from Adobe - however it would appear that in reality there are numerous undocumented events - such as those in your file which we must accommodate - doing so is very much trial and error and therefore takes a little longer to work out.

As we have progressed the Viewer over these past 2 years + we have discovered just how many such undocumented functions and methods there are and strongly suspect there are 2 sets of documents - those for release to the outside world and another for Adobe staff internally - its hard to see how they could maintain their own code set otherwise !

Will advise just as soon as we have this area 'cracked' (perhaps not the best choice of words - but sometimes it does feel like that is what we are having to do)

Thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
jsTracker
User

JS functionality

Post by jsTracker »

greetings,

what JS functionality works? i changed the calculation to:
var line7=getField("line7")
var line15=getField("line15")
line15.value = line7.value
and still do not see "line 15" updated when "line 7" changes.

i've attached a revised zip.

js
Attachments
f1040aZ.zip
(179.47 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

We are in the process of uploading a revised build - 1.019 which will be available later this evening.

Partial Javascript(JS) support is now implemented within the PDF-XChange Viewer (build 1.019) - (Not all JS classes and functions are supported, for example those relating to unsupported features; all supported JS functionality is described in our documentation for developers).

With regards your specific reported issue - this is still in progress and implements all event sequences for forms fields. Unfortunately this is particularly poorly document in the JS reference and the functionality described within the documentation does not always function as 'advertised', we are therefore forced to progress this very much on a 'trial and error' basis which as I am sure will appreciate not only makes the task far more time consuming than hoped - but also extremely frustrating for all concerned.

in the meantime - thanks for your patience
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
jsTracker
User

Post by jsTracker »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You mentioned developer's documentation"- where can I find that?

I've been following the forums regarding the active-x control and that is what i'm actually interested in. i've followed the viewer forum because of some onfo that indicated that the active-x control would follow release of version 018 of the viewer.

is the active-x control available now?

tia

js
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

It is indeed :

The Viewer SDK is available from :

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/pdfvSDK.zip

or

http://www.docu-track.co.uk/pdfvSDK.zip

Best regards
Tracker Support
jsTracker
User

viewer sdk

Post by jsTracker »

i've DL & installed, but the SDK doesn't match the form field capability of the current viewer.

the pdfs i've attached in this message open, but no form fields are shown. is there another sdk version?

where's the doc regarding JS script that you mentioned for your viewer?

thanks

js
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

I am afraid your samples were not attached to the message - either they were not 'zipped' or possibly exceeded the forum limits of 2MB.

If they exceed 2MB - please zip and email to : usrfiles@tracker-software.com.

I also have to advise that we have found a problem when the Ax is downloaded and installed - at this time we dont know why, it functions correctly here on our own equipment and we are urgently trying to establish why it does not on others equipment.

Just as soon as we have this resolved (and we are concentrating on this with all available resources) we will advise - hopefully it will be hours rather than days.

Finally - with regards Developer topics for the Viewer - please post here :
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=36

Thanks for your patience

Best regards
Tracker Support