Build 1.018 released !

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Build 1.018 released !

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

For more info - please see :

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/news/show/62
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
angusj
User

Post by angusj »

Hi. Congratulations again on a terrific product.

I see in your latest changes list the following:
  • *Type on any page in any desired font
    *Center or justify text
I can't see any way to do this. I've hunted through the menus and tried right clicking the typewritered text to no avail.
Edit: OK, I've just found how to do this. I have to make sure the typewriter text insertion point is visible (not just selecting the typewriter box) before right clicking to find the text formatting popup menu options. (It'd be great if this could be accessible via the main menu too.)

Also, a couple of minor blemishes I mentioned to John via email that don't seem to have been fixed in this build so I hope they'll make the next update:
  • *When scrolling the main document to another page, the page Thumbnail isn't updated (ie with the red outline) to the newly visible page.
    *There doesn't seem to be any way to close panes (Thumbnails, Bookmarks, Layers etc) using shortcut keys (Ctrl+B, Ctrl+T etc)
Another minor blemish I've just spotted is double clicking a field in the field pane will move the focus to the respective field as expected. However, it wont respond to keyboard input until the field is clicked with the mouse.
benpal
User

Post by benpal »

I agree, it's a terrific product. And I like it more with each update.

You can show the tool properties as a floating toolbar by selecting View>Toolbars>Properties or by hitting Ctrl+E.

I was getting worried about the speed when opening a document, but that has immensely improved in 1018. Good job!

Ben