Incremental Saving Warning Popup?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Absolutgrndzer0
User

Incremental Saving Warning Popup?

Post by Absolutgrndzer0 »

I use a form-fillable PDF that is constantly being changed, however it's not important to keep previous versions. The original file is digitally signed, but only so that you cannot modify it beyond the forms. However, this means that with incremental saving, what should be a 190-500kb file ends up many many MB with all the changes being saved (one, before I realized what was going on was up to 50MB with all the constant changes I was making to it!)

Now, I've turned off incremental saving and gotten most of the copies of the file down to more reasonable sizes, however every time I save I get a warning popup asking me if I want to do incremental saving. No, I don't. Please, please make a further option when I turn off incremental saving to also turn off the constant confirmation every time I save the PDF.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Incremental Saving Warning Popup?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Absolutgrndzer0.

Thanks for the post - I see that you have posted in the Viewer forums, was that a mistake or are you using the Viewer? If the Viewer, then please note that the Viewer has been replaced by the Editor and was discontinued, so no further changes will be made (the only exception may be fixes for issues that we deem critical). The Editor can be downloaded here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

Also, I should note that Incremental Save cannot be turned off for signed documents in the Editor. This is because not doing so will break the signature. The Viewer allowed users to ignore this requirement, but the Editor does not and this isn't something that we would change.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com