How too sort/open docs alphabetically and concatenate them?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mattad
User

How too sort/open docs alphabetically and concatenate them?

Post by mattad »

At then end of each month I got a bank account statement as pdf document with the file name e.g.

account_2015.01_acct12345678.pdf
account_2015.02_acct12345678.pdf
account_2015.12_acct12345678.pdf

Now I put them into one folder and sorted the files by name (column) in WindowsExplorer (under Win7).
Then I marked the topmost file, hold SHIFT and clicked the last file.
Now all 12 files are marked. I right clicked and selected "open" in context menu.

Now 12 docs are opened in 12 tabs in PDF XChange Viewer.

Much to my surprise the order of the tabs/docs is NOT alphabetically any more.
e.g. account_2015.07_acct12345678.pdf is shown in the left-most tab.

Why does PDF Xchange Viewer not open the docs in alphabetical resp. user-marked order?

How can I sort the tabs now (after opening) alphabetically according to the filename?
Dragging the tabs would require also a lot of manual handling.
I search for a one-click menu.

You may ask: Why is this important?

The final, actual target operation I planned is to concatenate them into ONE summary pdf file.
IN ALPHABETICAL (=DATE) ORDER!

How can I join them in one step (and not by inserting them individually step-by-step.
That would be extremely uncomfortable and annoying)?

Is there a "concatenate all" pdfs from left to right tab menu/function?

Maybe there is such an option in PDF XChange Editor?

Matt
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How too sort/open docs alphabetically and concatenate th

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mattad,

The order in which those files are passed to us is up to Windows to decide, and we have no control over that - so there is no way to fix that for the way you are doing it.
May I suggest that you try out the Editor's "File -> New Document -> Combine Files Into a Single PDF..."
There once you load your files in the list - you can sort them by the Title column - and then generate your combined PDF and the files will be kept in that order.

Regards,
Stefan