[bug] Can't search Chinese words

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Nelson Tai
User

[bug] Can't search Chinese words

Post by Nelson Tai »

In previous build (1.0.16), Viewer can search Chinese phrases, and it did well.

But in current build (1.0.17), it can't search Chinese phrases.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Nelson,

Could I ask you to please supply a sample PDF (Zipped) that we can use for testing - please attach to your reply - but as stated - it must be zipped.

many thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Nelson Tai
User

Post by Nelson Tai »

Tracker Support wrote:Hi Nelson,

Could I ask you to please supply a sample PDF (Zipped) that we can use for testing - please attach to your reply - but as stated - it must be zipped.

many thanks.
OK, here are two files.

But I found one more thing: search for Chinese phrases doesn't work for SOME PDFs, not for ALL.
In some documents, it works. But in other documents (for example, these two PDFs), it doesn't work or not work fine.

Let me describe it more clear:
1. It works for some PDFs.
2. It doesn't work for some PDFs. I'm sure the PDF contains the words I want to search.
3. It doesn't work perfectly for some other PDFs. It can find the words, but not from the first place the words appear. For example, if page 1, 2, and 3 contain the words I'd like to search, Viewer may tell me that the words is located at page 3, but not at page 1 and 2.
Attachments
test.zip
(336.64 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Nelson,

All files supplied do not contain information as required to be searchable (all fonts contain custom encodings with no mappings to unicode characters).

Acrobat also cannot find anything in such files, and text copying does works either - so essentially they are incapable of offering such functionality due to a lack of content.

HTh
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
Nelson Tai
User

Post by Nelson Tai »

Tracker Support wrote:Hi Nelson,

All files supplied do not contain information as required to be searchable (all fonts contain custom encodings with no mappings to unicode characters).

Acrobat also cannot find anything in such files, and text copying does works either - so essentially they are incapable of offering such functionality due to a lack of content.

HTh
Ok, I see.
Thank you for your answer. :D
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Pleasure :)

Best regards
Tracker Support