problems with multiple documents - don't open full-page

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Gorlash
User

problems with multiple documents - don't open full-page

Post by Gorlash »

I'm using Version 2.5, build 317.0

When I open one document, it opens fine. However, when I open a subsequent document, it opens a small frame within the program window, and the page is transparent (first document shows in the frame). I can maximize the window and it will then render correctly, but then if I switch to any other already-opened document, it does the same thing, shrinking down to a small, transparent frame. This makes it *very* awkward to handle multiple files.

I have enclosed a screen capture of this issue.

This did *not* always occur with PDF XChange Viewer, but it's been happening for more than 1 year now, probably over 2 years. I've tried multiple versions of the program, and also tried completely un-installing the program and doing a clean install.

Is there any chance of fixing or resolving this issue???
Attachments
pdf.xchange.viewer.issue.PDF
(304.54 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Last edited by Gorlash on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: problems with multiple documents - don't open full-page

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Gorlash,

Thank you for the post and welcome to our forums. It's unbelievable that you have endured this issue so long. You must have the patience of a master.

I suggest trying to reset your settings, but first, please go to Edit> Export settings and save the resulting file to a memorable location. Next, please go to Edit> Reset settings.

Please let us know if that works.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Gorlash
User

Post by Gorlash »

Unfortunately, Reset Settings did not fix this issue. In fact, it didn't alter it in any way!! :cry:
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Gorlash,

Looking at your screenshot, it seems you may have some extensive customization to windows and scrollbars. Could you please try disabling those to see if they are causing this issue.

Thanks!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Gorlash
User

Post by Gorlash »

hmmm... okay, that appears to be the issue...

I use a program called WindowBlinds, which allows user to select various desktop themes... really a treasured application, but you're right, when I disable WB, this issue goes away... damn...

The thing is, I'm almost certain that I was seeing this at my last job (I don't use desktop customization tools at work), but I can't confirm that at this point (since I was laid off a few months ago).

Okay, let me experiment with WB settings; I may be able to get it to ignore PDFXV entirely, which would solve the problem!!

//******************************************
Later note:
Okay, that works well enough... admittedly, PDFXV isn't nearly as pretty with default Windows theme, but it works reliably, and that's what matters...

So consider this issue closed...
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Gorlash,

Thanks for letting us know :) Keep us posted if any new info. comes to light!

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com