Search facility

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jsampsontheumpteenth
User

Search facility

Post by jsampsontheumpteenth »

I am looking for the word "EPS" in a confidential document. It has to be uppercase. PDF-XChange Viewer fails to find it, but Acrobat Reader DC can find it OK. What sort of reasons would there be for this?
I am using Version 2.5 Build 213.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Regards
John Sampson
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Search facility

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello jsampsontheumpteenth,

It is impossible to know without seeing the file why this is happening. The only suggestion I can make is to try the newer and far more advanced PDF-XChange Editor: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
jsampsontheumpteenth
User

Post by jsampsontheumpteenth »

I don't know if this is the proper way of replying - "Quote". I cannot find an option "Reply".
I have installed the current version of PDF-XChange Editor and found the same problem, that the three-letter
acronym "EPS" is not found either by "Search" or "Find".
It is tiresome that the document is confidential so I cannot share it.
I can only guess that "EPS" must be present in a form findable by Acrobat but not PDF-XChange Editor -
some sort of elision?

Regards

John Sampson
Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hello jsampsontheumpteenth,

It is impossible to know without seeing the file why this is happening. The only suggestion I can make is to try the newer and far more advanced PDF-XChange Editor: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

I hope this helps!
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello jsampsontheumpteenth,

Would it be possible for you to email us the file? All files sent via email are held in the strictest confidence and removed from all records upon completion. If you can send it, please reference this forum topic. You may send the file to support@pdf-xchange.com.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America