2 pages print OK, then the rest at quarter-size

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BoxSoft
User

2 pages print OK, then the rest at quarter-size

Post by BoxSoft »

Try printing the attached document (no scaling options). The first two pages print correctly, but the rest format the page at 1/4 size, in the upper-left corner.

Attachments
prints-small-pages.zip
(123.78 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Mike,

Not reproduced here - using WinXp and tried various Brother and Samsung printers - can you advise please what Windows version and Printers specifically are in use ?

Any later drivers for the printers available ?

Thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
BoxSoft
User

Post by BoxSoft »

I'm also running XP, with an Epson CX11NF color laser. I haven't checked for later drivers, although this certainly would be the first quirk that I've encountered with the printer (after a year of heavy and varied use). I'll try to find a moment to play with it some more, to see if I can narrow down what's causing the problem.

BTW, it prints fine from Acrobat Reader.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

I can send you a link to an 'internal only' Alpha 1.017 build - which is what I am using - could be that some changes made for other issues have resolved this if you would be interested in giving it a spin ?

However - I am hopeful that build 1.018 with many new features and improvements will be available later this week - so you may prefer to wait for this.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
BoxSoft
User

Post by BoxSoft »

Tracker Support wrote:I can send you a link to an 'internal only' Alpha 1.017 build - which is what I am using - could be that some changes made for other issues have resolved this if you would be interested in giving it a spin ?
I can test it, if you want, as it might be helpful to know whether it fixes my particular problem. It's not a pressing issue for me, though, and I would be satisfied to wait until later.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

It would be helpful to know if this is an issue in the build I have also - or perhaps is more localised and related to specific print driver types etc.

If you have the time - please download and install build 17 from the lin k below - though please note their may be the odd issue regarding stability.

http://www.docu-track.co.uk/PDFXVwer17.zip

Many thanks.

Best regards
Tracker Support
BoxSoft
User

Still There

Post by BoxSoft »

The printing problem remains.

This version also has a font display issue. It almost seems to be displaying everything in bold, and rather fuzzy. Here are a couple of screen images:

Old (correct):

New (fuzzy "bold"):

This particular text is supposed to be Tahoma 8, viewed as a full page on a 1600x1200 monitor. I grabbed the "old" screenshot using Acrobat Reader, as I didn't feel like reinstalling the older version of your viewer. The appearance in the two viewers used to be virtually identical.

One other comment while I have your attention. If you press the "Fit Page" button, the page displays as expected. If you then press PgDn/PgUp, the positioning of that page shifts as you go from page to page. This is quirk that Adobe Acrobat used to have as well, but they fixed it somewhere along the way, and now it's rock solid. I think it's a worthwhile behavior to mimic.

Finally, you've fixed the transparent text problem that I reported earlier. Thanks!

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

Will look into the comments raised - though I suspect we already have a handle on this - we are midway through modifying the entire font management system in this build and this looks to be a sympton of the status of the build in that regard - hence it was an internal release only.

But - did you still have the print problem mentioned originally with regards rescaling after page 2 ?

thanks.

Best regards
Tracker Support
BoxSoft
User

Post by BoxSoft »

Tracker Support wrote:But - did you still have the print problem mentioned originally with regards rescaling after page 2 ?
Yup, hence the first comment of my previous message, "The printing problem remains." :wink:

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Sorry Mike, missed that :oops:

Best regards
Tracker Support