Win 10 Edge browser and XChange Viewer

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Southgate
User

Win 10 Edge browser and XChange Viewer

Post by Southgate »

Hello,

could anybody please help me please? I can't set XChange Viewer in Microsoft Edge browser to view pdf. Edge use always the own viewer inside edge, waht is horrible. I did also this:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/edge- ... ociations/

But still the Edge Viewer :cry:

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Win 10 Edge browser and XChange Viewer

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Southgate,

Welcome to our forums.
I am afraid that there is no way to use any third party PDF Viewer inside Edge. It does not support ActiveX as the IE did, and there is no way for us or anyone else to develop the needed plug in that could perform this task.

The situation is pretty identical with the latest versions of Chrome and FireFox too.

Regards,
Stefan
Southgate
User

Post by Southgate »

Thanks Stefan for the very fast reply. That is really bad, so the Edge is not an option for me anymore. How is it with Opera? Fine? Or the same with Chrome? I know they use most parts from Chrome so far I know.

The changes in the registry, like described on the webside I already post will for sure not work?

Thanks again
Southgate
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 is still there in Windows 10.
(In 32-bits version) you can start it via C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

If you really like to open a PDF with PDF-XChange Viewer or Editor from within Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, you can always right click the internet hyperlink and click "Copy Link" (in Edge) or "Copy Link Address" (in Chrome). In the File > Open dialog box of Viewer or Editor, you then paste the link in the "File Name:" text box and click "Open". The PDF will first be downloaded and then be opened.

I do not know if you can something with the above information ...

Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Southgate,

I have two versions of Opera myself - an older V12.xxx one that uses Opera's own engine - which still works with the Editor inside a tab, and the new one based on the Chrome engine that doesn't ... So indeed the options are getting limited there.
And as Willy said - you can always copy the link and paste it in the stand alone Editor :)

Regards,
Stefan
Southgate
User

Post by Southgate »

Thanks you both. I have the XChange Viewer. What do you mean with "stand also Editor?"

Regards
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Southgate,

It is "stand alone" not "stand also" - and a formal definition of this term is:
able to operate without control from another system, company, etc.
So the actual Editor program that you launch from the shortcut on your desktop or when you double click a local file is stand alone, compared with the editor plug-in which is embedded inside a browser's window. ;)

Cheers,
Stefan