XChange Viewer vs.Sumatra in changing Background Colour

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

idealkingdom
User

XChange Viewer vs.Sumatra in changing Background Colour

Post by idealkingdom »

It's apparent that X-change viewer is much stronger than Sumatra, excepet for the one, that changes background of a pdf file.

I only give an example for illustration and you will see the difference.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: XChange Viewer vs.Sumatra in changing Background Colour

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello idealkingdom,

If you want to add attachments other than PDFs you will need to zip/rar/7z them first.
Please also note that the Viewer is our older product that is no longer actively developed as it was replaced by the PDF XChange Editor:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

Regards,
Stefan
idealkingdom
User

Post by idealkingdom »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello idealkingdom,

If you want to add attachments other than PDFs you will need to zip/rar/7z them first.
Please also note that the Viewer is our older product that is no longer actively developed as it was replaced by the PDF XChange Editor:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

Regards,
Stefan

Hi, Stefan

I am a new comer, so maybe I did wrong with the attachment. But with simple settings, Sumatra can change the background colour for all kinds of pdf files, including the scanned image pdf files, at the same time it will not change the colour pictures, instead it add a little colour to it. While X-change can not change the scanned image file.

I think for many people like me , tend to like the X-Change viewer with smaller size. Most software become more and more overstaffed but without revolutionary improvement in function.

Best regards

Cheng
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello idealkingdom,

Thank you for the post.

I am sorry, but it is not possible to add/change the background colour in the Viewer.
However, the Editor does have this feature. You can find it in the main menu -> Document -> Background.

Regards,
Radi