Screenshoot-Tool chrashes PDF XChange-Viewer

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

wschwarz
User

Screenshoot-Tool chrashes PDF XChange-Viewer

Post by wschwarz »

Hi,

I am running PDF Xchange-Viewer 2.5.317.1 on Windows 10 64bit. When I try to do a screenshoot within the viewer, it immediately crashes whe I release the left-mouse-button after I have selected the area the screenshoot should be taken.

Any hints what might be wrong? Is there a debug/log-file that can give me some hints what is wrong?

Kind regards

Werner
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Screenshoot-Tool chrashes PDF XChange-Viewer

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Werner,

Thanks for the email - does this happen with all documents? If not, please send a sample document. Also, are you using some kind of screen-capture software? If so, please advise on the particular software being used.

Lastly, I'd recommend that you test the Editor, as it has replaced the Viewer and only issues that we deem critical will be fixed in the Viewer:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
wschwarz
User

Post by wschwarz »

OK,

I finaly figured out the reason for the crash: The Windows-event-Manager states an error in the AVMSND.dll causing PDF Xchange-Viewer to crash. The AVMSND.dll is a dll provided by the ISDN-manufacturer AVM. This dll is used to make status-sounds, e.g. when a fax has been sent out or received. No idea, why this dll is interfering with the XChenge-viewer, but when I disable the sounds for the screenshoots in the XChenge-viewer, no more crashes appear.

For me it looks like the cause for this behavior is not within the Viewer. It is more in the Windows-Sound-System and the way, this dll is included in the sound-system. And anyway, it should be a rare combination having the AVMSND.dll installed as well as the XChange-viewer.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Werner
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the info Werner - if we get further reports of anything similar we will investigate - but for now we will assume this is a 'one of'

:)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com