Add-On Activate on IE 11

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Bienenman
User

Add-On Activate on IE 11

Post by Bienenman »

Hi,

where can i get the Class ID from PDF-XChange Viewer?
The Add-On PDF-XChange Viewer is not showned in Add-On Options of IE 11 (Windows 8.1).

I Need it to allow the Add-On IE 11 (PDF-XChange Viewer) and other Add-On should be disabled (Group Policy, Windows 8.1)

I search the Tracker Forum but found nothing that helps.

Browser: IE 11
System: Windows 8.1
PDF-XChange Viewer Version: 2.5 (Build 313.1)

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks for PDF-XChange Viewer :D

---------------------
Deutsche Übersetzung:
Wer kann mir die Klassenkennung vom PDF-XChange Viewer nennen oder wie kann ich die Nummer herausfinden?
Ich möchte das die PDF Dateien im Browser aufgehen wenn man Sie im Browser öffnet.
Ich hab das Problem wenn ich alle Add-On sperren will (über GPO) und nur gewisse Add-ons aktivieren will, dann braucht man dazu die Klassenkennung.
Die Klassenkennung wird bei den neueren Versionen im IE 11 gar nicht mehr angezeigt.

Über Dateizuordnung in den Grundeinstellungen habe ich es bereits versucht (hacken ist drin).

In Firefox wird diese angezeigt aber warum nicht im IE ?
Wer hat bereits dazu eine Lösung über GPO den Add-On zu erlauben und alle anderen Add-Ons zu deaktivieren?

Bitte um Hilfe
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Add-On Activate on IE 11

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

The version of PDF-XChange Viewer that you are talking is rather "old".

I would recommend to download and install the new PDF-XChange Editor (replacement for PDF-XChange Viewer).
You can find it here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Even if you do not have a license key for it, its free features and also the IE11 ActiveX add-on will work without problem.

In PDF-XChange Editor, via Edit > Preferences > File Associations, you must once select "Yes" at "View PDF files in Internet Explorer". You will receive a question to confirm if Editor is allowed to make some modifications.

After this you will find the appropriate add-on in Internet Explorer 11, via Tools > Manage add-ons > Show: All add-ons.
You will find it under the Name "Tracker Software Products (Canada) Ltd".
When you click onto the name of the plugin (PDF-XChange Editor IE-Plugin) and then "More information" you will see a pop-up window including the Class ID.

Best regards.

N.B.: just for info:
For the old PDF-XChange Viewer, it seems to me that its add-on was not visible in the list with IE11 add-ons.
Even though it was possible to view PDF files with it.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,

That is quite the detailed answer. There is nothing useful that I can add.... Good work! ;)

Bienenman,

Please let Willy and I know if this helps!

Cheers to you both!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Bienenman
User

Post by Bienenman »

Hallo,

thank you for the answer. I try all the options but nothing works.
The Class-ID doesn´t apear in ADD-On (IE11)

Can you write which class-id the PDF-XChange Viewer have?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Have you tried using the PDF-XChange Editor as suggested as the Viewer is now very old and has been replaced and no longer in development?

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product ... nge-editor
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com