Type/Comment function won't print

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

goldbe01
User

Type/Comment function won't print

Post by goldbe01 »

Hi All,
I was told that there is a problem saving a copy of a document that has comments typed onto it, and a fix was coming. However, the comments do not print either. Will that be fixed soon as well?

Thanks

Eric
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Eric,

yes - this will be attended to - hopefully in an update next week along with text search/highlight

thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
goldbe01
User

Post by goldbe01 »

Thanks John,
I review a lot a documents, the comment/highlight functionality is really central to my use of the viewer.

Best,

Eric
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Understood Eric,

we are rushing our little feet off - promise :-)

Cheers
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
goldbe01
User

Post by goldbe01 »

using build 12, typed comments save without error, but they do not print.

Eric
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks - yes we do know and should be in build 13 later this week.

:)

Best regards
Tracker Support
benpal
User

Post by benpal »

Found another quirk:

I scanned a page, but for technical reasons I had to scan it upside down, then rotate it in the PDF Viewer.

When you rotate the page bei 180°, the Typewriter Tool writes upside down, from right to left. It would be a great feature if you could rotate the text manually to any angle.

And two typos in the Text tool in right-click Text Formatting:
Superscrip(t)
Unde(r)line
benpal
User

Post by benpal »

I just wanted to add another comment: I find the PDF-XChange Viewer a very slick, fine and extremely useful tool, exactly what I need to add comments to PDF files. And it's free.

Congratulations.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks for the kind words Eric - will have the Typo's checked - also will discuss the other issues/suggested mentioned here and see what can be done.

Best regards
Tracker Support
benpal
User

Post by benpal »

benpal wrote:Found another quirk:

I scanned a page, but for technical reasons I had to scan it upside down, then rotate it in the PDF Viewer.

When you rotate the page bei 180°, the Typewriter Tool writes upside down, from right to left. It would be a great feature if you could rotate the text manually to any angle.

And two typos in the Text tool in right-click Text Formatting:
Superscrip(t)
Unde(r)line
Thanks, found the corrections in Build 13.
Ben
DYoung
User

Bugs in Text Search/Highlight

Post by DYoung »

Hi,

the Viewer Build signed "Saturday, 24 March 2007 7:41:36 p.m." (at GMT+12) looks very good.

But there still seem to be a few bugs in the Text Search/Highlight. For example:
- Options button in Search pane not able to used;
- Multiple occurrences of the same word *sometimes* not being found nor highlighted, ie only the first occurence is found. However other times all occurrences are listed/found;
- the Expand/Collapse Nodes icon in the Search pane appears not to work;
- Drop-down item "Search" on the main "Edit" menu is not able to be used. (But "Ctl-Shift-F" is usable.)

It would also be great to have an icon on the main Window's toolbar that invoked the Search pane.

Is another build with the solutions to the above just around the corner ?

Thanks.

Cheers,
David
benpal
User

Post by benpal »

- But "Ctl-Shift-F" is usable. -

I didn't even know that existed, though I was desperately looking for a Search function.

I agree with David's remarks.

Other than that, this Viewer has become my preferred PDF tool. It's coming along quite well and I'm looking forward to seeing all basic functions operational.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

at the last minute before this release the main Search function UI was disabled simply because we were not happy with its workings and frankly its a few days away from 'prime time' - there will be another release in a few days time - hopefully with this important feature a little closer to its intended mode of use.

Best regards
Tracker Support