Highlight functionality?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

goldbe01
User

Highlight functionality?

Post by goldbe01 »

Will the final version of PDF-Viewer have Highlighting capability in addtion to text mark up/sticky notes. I am often reading journal articles that are in PDF format, and need to make notes or emphasize certain passages. I would like to avoid printing them out - so highlights, adding notes in the margin and sticky notes would be great

Thanks for the update.

Eric
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Annotations functions generally will be supported - though highlighting will be available approx 2 weeks from the gold version this week as it relies on some elements included in 'Text Find' which is the only Major feature that is not in this weeks release - but due in mid February.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
goldbe01
User

Post by goldbe01 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Eric
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Pleasure :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
karlkolbus
User

Post by karlkolbus »

I have the latest (and greatest!) version and it gives me the much-needed capability to highlight, underline, and strike-thru text, but unfortunately I can't seem to be able to 'undo' any of these things. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks you.
gconcas
User

Try right click, then delete...

Post by gconcas »

Try right click, then delete. It works for me. However, strangely the "Delete" key on my keyboard doesn't seem to get rid of it.
goldbe01
User

Post by goldbe01 »

I also noticed that if you add text with the Typewriter function, then save the changes, you can not edit the text box that was created, only delete it. In build 16 you could edit these boxes.

Eric
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

This is still possible in Build 17 - if you find otherwise - please send an example as we cannot reproduce this here - please zip any files posted.

Thanks.

Best regards
Tracker Support
karlkolbus
User

Post by karlkolbus »

Gconcas,

The delete only works if I have not gone on to edit other parts of the document; it must be done immediately after highlighting it. Coming back later and selecting the previously highlighted text, right clicking, does not give me a delete option. Hmmmm....
gconcas
User

Post by gconcas »

karlkolbus,

If you right click on the actual mark, not on the comment box, it should give you the option to delete. I just tested it again after opening and closing the document and it worked.

I see what you mean though.. Right clicking on the comment box doesn't have a delete, just add reply.

Try right clicking the highlighted words. It should work.
karlkolbus
User

Post by karlkolbus »

gconcas,

Something very interesting - I highlited some text and closed the document, saving the changes. Re-opened it and selected the cross-out tool and applied it to the same text. Closed document, reopened it, and merely placing the cursor anywhere in the highlighed/crossed-out text and right clicking, the delete option came up. First click removed the cross-out (last edit applied) and left the text highlighted. Another right click and the delete removed the highlighting. Now I have a way to remove previous editing, but would still prefer being able to do it without having to close and save the document first. Possibly has something to do with attributes being set only on closing rather than in the open document on the fly?

Thanks for the help!
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi,

Just so all parties know - we are watching and listening and will endeavour to take note and resolve the issues outlined as best we can.

Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards
Tracker Support