will PDF-XChange Viewer support Windows 10?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Bobf
User

will PDF-XChange Viewer support Windows 10?

Post by Bobf »

Hi,

i try to install the PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5 built 315 on a Windows 10. The installation works so far until the installer hangs at the end and don't closed.
Afterwards the PDF-XChange Viewer seems to work as expected.
I see the PDF-XChange Viewer is not support for Windows 10 right now, only the v5.

Will the PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5 be supported in Windows 10 too ?

many thanks and rgs Bob
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: will PDF-XChange Viewer support Windows 10?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the post - if the installation hangs, then please kill the installer through the task manager, then restart and deselect the option to view PDF's in browser (this can be set later, under Edit --> Preferences --> File Associations).

The Viewer should now be taken as-is. Some very few updates may be released and it should work fine on Windows 10, but the Viewer has been discontinued and replaced by the Editor.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Bobf
User

Post by Bobf »

hello Will,

many thanks for your quick response, but i still use the old v2.5 version because the v5 Editor has same disadvantages compared to old version.
Some of the feature are missing and the V5.5 Editor has some problems to display the correct PDF document colors .. and sometime lose his settings...
(my v5.5 is running on WIN 7 PRO 64bit.)

many thx Bob
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Bob,

If you experience any issues with the Editor, please do always let us know. We would rather fix these issues in actively developed products, than attempt to make discontinued products compatible with operating systems that they were not designed for.

Can you please advise on the features that you find are missing, and provide sample PDF's that display the incorrect colours?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "the Editor loses settings?" Which settings, specifically, are you referring to? Does this happen when the Editor crashes and, if so, what is it that seems to cause the crash?

Please provide any and all necessary details, so that we can rectify any issues in a future release.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Bobf
User

Post by Bobf »

Hi Will,

i have uploaded some screenshots.(see the attached zip)
- i use the XChange viewer on my laptop and on also with an expernal monitor.
i use always on the left the bookmark window and on the right the search window.
On my laptop that's too much and i use quick the sidebar switch to hide both
sidebars. That's one feature i miss in V5.5x.. He i need to use shortcuts or using
the menu. :(
- in another screenshot it shows the different colors displaying with the same settings.
i hope you can see the differences
- even i set the same, and save the properties - after reopen the properties in v5.5
(without starting the PDF Editor) it shows the last settings. A restore to default
doesn't solves the problem as well.

So i'm not sure is it a bug or feature.
many thanks Bob
Last edited by Bobf on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that - You should be able to easily switch between the panes with these buttons:
You can also use Ctrl + T and Ctrl + B to switch between the two if they're already open, but I'll talk to the Dev. Team to see if that button can be added back.

Regarding the colour difference - please check the Editor vs. Adobe, as the Viewer will almost always display the wrong colours, compared the Editor. If the Editor displays the document differently than Adobe, please send the PDF itself, as we cannot investigate further without a copy of the actual document.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)