functions about the comment tool

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

acrotrack
User

functions about the comment tool

Post by acrotrack »

Hi, is it possible or do you have any plan to add some functions to the comment tool:
1. replace text
2. insert text
added with a '^' symbol wherever one wants to input some text, quite common in other pdf viewer softwares?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: functions about the comment tool

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello acrotrack,

Thanks for the question! We do have a meeting scheduled with our devs for later today, and I will ask if we this feature is of interest to us, and if it is - see what the plans to implement it are!

Regards,
Stefan
Bruneux
User

Post by Bruneux »

Hi

I wonder if you have evaluated this options. Like acrotrack said, it's symbols that are pretty common in the world of text reviewer. I have added the two options to visualize.

Thank you
Attachments
Sample.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Brunex,

Thank you for the interest.
We are indeed looking at bringing search and replace functionality to the software in the future, unfortunately the Viewer, which this specific post pertains to, has been discontinued, so that functionality will not be appearing there, it will instead be coming to the PDF-XChange Editor.

I cannot speak for when it will be available, as there are currently a few more pressing matters that we are addressing, but know that it is something the Dev team has tentatively accepted, and we hope to bring sometime in the future.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello again Brunex,

My apologies, it seems that I misread the original issue, change notes are a bit of a tough topic. we have considered these, but to date have not come to a consensus on how the functionality would work in our software. We have not completely dismissed the idea, but at the moment do not have any concrete plans for bringing it any time soon.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com